Popular Tags: [View All]
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So as of this post we're just over one full day before the campaign ends. I'm so undecided it's driving me crazy. While I'm not saying the game is overpriced, the current exchange rate coupled with unknown shipping costs leaves me wondering. If I invest in this game, it literally means a number of other games I cannot afford.

I've seen some reference to a Pledge Manager to be used with this campaign (a first for VPG) and that isn't a service I'm overly familiar with. I understand it means you can add to your original pledge level in order to get more items after the Kickstarter has ended? So I would need to do a manual pledge for at least $1 to gain access to this feature?

If I went this route and bought the game through the Pledge Manager would I be at any disadvantage vs doing it now? Would I get all the same items and unlocks?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph K
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're planning to get the game during the pledge manager it will be significantly more expensive.

This was VPG's latest statement:
Quote:
No pledge is necessary to access the pledge manager at a later date to get the game or miniature set but it will help make sure you are in contact with us when we share the pledge manager link. However, all games and miniature sets purchased through the pledge manager will not be at the Kickstarter price. The discounted price offered through the Kickstarter is exclusive to the backers who pledge during the campaign as a reward for their investment in the project. We do not have very many Kickstarter exclusives so it is one of the ways that we can thank backers for their early adoption of the game.

I'm pretty sure if you pledge for a game now you can still get extras for their listed add on price during the pm phase as well.
I'm currently trying to decide if I really want to get the minis. It would be 40$ extra now (for the game+minis pledge) or 50$ as an add on later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badshave wrote:
If you're planning to get the game during the pledge manager it will be significantly more expensive.

This was VPG's latest statement:
Quote:
No pledge is necessary to access the pledge manager at a later date to get the game or miniature set but it will help make sure you are in contact with us when we share the pledge manager link. However, all games and miniature sets purchased through the pledge manager will not be at the Kickstarter price. The discounted price offered through the Kickstarter is exclusive to the backers who pledge during the campaign as a reward for their investment in the project. We do not have very many Kickstarter exclusives so it is one of the ways that we can thank backers for their early adoption of the game.

I'm pretty sure if you pledge for a game now you can still get extras for their listed add on price during the pm phase as well.
I'm currently trying to decide if I really want to get the minis. It would be 40$ extra now (for the game+minis pledge) or 50$ as an add on later.

Oh man I didn't realize that. Back to pulling my hair out trying to decide.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The only disadvantage you would be at going through after the campaign with the pledge manager is that you wouldn't be able to get the games at the Kickstarter campaign price. Everything else will still be there, including the unlocked stretch goals!

The pledge manager will be open to the public so even if you don't put in a $1 now, there will be a link for anyone late to the Kickstarter to get their goodies through the pledge manager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph K
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badshave wrote:
It would be 40$ extra now (for the game+minis pledge) or 50$ as an add on later.
I could be wrong on this and the add ons might be more expensive during the pm as well. At least that's how I interpret a message cited on the comments section:

Quote:
Yes, the Kickstarter version of Darkest Night: Second Edition with all of the stretch goals will be offered in Pledge Manager. All add-ons will be available through Pledge Manager as well!

As far as what they will cost, they will be very close to the actual MSRP, if not the actual MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Beller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
What if you were wanting to add an extra copy through the pledge manager? You have a copy paid for at funding, but also want to add a 2nd copy to your pledge through the pledge manager....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize about post jumping, but due to financial reasons I was forced into waiting to pledge for this and totally missed the cut off. I truly would like to get in on this through the pledge manager so if anyone could please direct me in how to do so many thanks would be forthcoming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure you can late pledge as yet (if at all) - I'd keep an eye on the Kickstarter page for updates

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/darkest-night...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackpuddingbertha wrote:
I'm not sure you can late pledge as yet (if at all) - I'd keep an eye on the Kickstarter page for updates

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/darkest-night...

Thank you for your time and input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Emch
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
I AM PLING!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The possibility of getting the game if you missed the pledge

"We have also finalized the final print run for the game. Note that it will still be a limited print run that should leave enough copies in reserve for us to sell through our VPG online store. However, don’t expect too many to be hitting the retail shelves. Stores who backed the DN2 Kickstarter will certainly have them, but beyond that we just don’t know yet.

That’s it for this first update, we hope you have a great weekend!"

--Quoted from the June 17th KS update
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
msg tools
mbmbmb
How long will the pledge manager stay up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.