Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a Bot is to Add Control, and there is an uncontrolled space AND a space where enemy units are present, but the number of units to be added will change control, would the bot have preference over either of these places...assuming they are of the same population.

I agree that if the bot were to Change Most Control... then it would select the enemy controlled space and flip it... but is the same true if the direction is Add control.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
If a Bot is to Add Control, and there is an uncontrolled space AND a space where enemy units are present, but the number of units to be added will change control, would the bot have preference over either of these places...assuming they are of the same population.

No. As long as its own side ends up having more Control than it had before the current action, the bot is satisfied.

Quote:
I agree that if the bot were to Change Most Control... then it would select the enemy controlled space and flip it...

I don't! Unlike Opposition/Support, Control isn't tracked in levels; "change most Control" simply means "change the Control status of the largest amount of Population from whatever it currently is into something else". (This has been clarified in the errata, BTW.)

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I get it. Add control means only Add control, whether by flipping from neutral to friendly controlled or flipping from enemy controlled to friendly controlled.

Both are examples of Change control as well... but change control ALSO includes flipping from enemy control to neutral.

Adding Most, or Changing Most, regards population.

Yes?

So if a bot were to add control, It would look at any places it could flip from neutral to control or from enemy controlled to controlled (as long as the number of pieces to place can achieve this), and randomize from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep!

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I have you whistle

The Britbot does a muster command... Adds control to N.Y.Colony which was previously Patriot controlled.

Will the bot remove 3 pieces and add a fort if it means relinquishing control to the Patriots? I don't see anywhere why it wouldn't, just wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes.

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.