Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: The Duchess - A Gaming Table from BoardGameTables.com rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Einheber
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Recessed gaming table ($499) with optional cupholders ($60) and tabletop ($240). Shipping to US, Canada, EU (see shipping costs).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296268806/the-duchess-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim

Lascassas
TN - Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for alerting about this kickstarter. Such a shame they won't let this be discussed in the general forums or hot deals forums, as I could see this campaign stretching well beyond those who have an interest in kickstarter in general, including myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Einheber
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Elandil84 wrote:
Thanks for alerting about this kickstarter. Such a shame they won't let this be discussed in the general forums or hot deals forums, as I could see this campaign stretching well beyond those who have an interest in kickstarter in general, including myself.

Yes. But perhaps those restrictions are in place for good reason. It is kind of sad, though, that I couldn't even post this on a thread that was discussing where to get the cheapest/best game table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
If it's not allowed to post about Kickstarters, couldn't you direct them to BoardGameTables.com's website? They are promoting their Kickstarter on their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
sithel wrote:
Elandil84 wrote:

Yes. But perhaps those restrictions are in place for good reason. It is kind of sad, though, that I couldn't even post this on a thread that was discussing where to get the cheapest/best game table.

What? Really? That's ... odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Einheber
United States
flag msg tools
mb
JKNyte wrote:
If it's not allowed to post about Kickstarters, couldn't you direct them to BoardGameTables.com's website? They are promoting their Kickstarter on their website.

Probably not if the Kickstarter item is what I'm pointing out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it interesting that I constantly see people mention Kickstarter items in the general forums, yet any thread about this table gets deleted (This War of Mine and the Game Canopy are two items I saw mentioned in a lot of other forums). Couldn't they just move the thread to this forum instead of deleting it? I find it kind of odd. Does BGG have something against BoardGameTables.com? Even an announcement from BoardGameTables.com about the Kickstarter in the news section was deleted. This is an awesome deal and I think a lot more people would be interested in it if they knew about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG has a strict policy about where you can and can't post Kickstarter threads and links. The thread (or post) gets deleted rather than moved because moving them still shows up on people's subscriptions for the original forum.
If there are KS threads in other general gaming forums (fora?) it's because they haven't been reported by the users, not because they're being any harsher on some than others.

Here's a somewhat more official response on the subject:
Re: Is there a policy for Kickstarter links?
stargate wrote:
Crowd Funding (mostly Kickstater) is a site wide problem, all domains

think of it as an Invasion of Zombies gulp

if not controlled,
the links and forum posts would overwhelm the Geek in a very short amount of time

the Geek is: BGG, RPGG and VGG, it is not KSG (KickstarterGeek)

on RPGG there are these places to post Kickstarter information
Kickstarter RPG Projects - 2015
Table Top RPG Kickstarter/Crowd-funding Announcement Thread - 2015 Edition
and the Press Release FORUM

on BGG they use a family entry: Crowdfunding: Kickstarter
on BGG lots of Admin Time is spent on Forum Moderation to keep the Kickstater Zombies in check
* threads are deleted
* users are moderated
* user accounts are deleted for posting SPAM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad DeShon
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
Quality Affordable Gaming Tables - BoardGameTables.com
badge
Quality Affordable Gaming Tables - BoardGameTables.com
mbmbmbmbmb
So it could be posted as long as there was no link in the post...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueWaldo wrote:
So it could be posted as long as there was no link in the post...?

In general, yes. But if it's notably spammy/advertising heavy then chances are enough users would still flag it and it would get zapped. When there's no links it's down to whether users report it or not.
Note also that the KS promo image is usually treated the same as a link.
If you want to advertise on this site, it needs to be done formally. Contact Octavian (I think he's the right admin for the job, but any admin will be able to point you in the right direction).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Plenty of group buy deals for this table in this forum, so come on over if you live in one of those areas and let's save money!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.