Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Started the Goblin campaign last night with RtL on Steam and did the tutorial and the sorcerer side quest. Really enjoyed it, the update has made things a little easier.

Came back to town this morning, bought new equipment and saw I had a choice of two more side quests and still a week to go before the main quest would start. Picked one and it asked me to lay out tiles in the 40 range.

I only own the base set & Nerekhall so I only have tiles 1-30 & 50-70. Those are the only sets I have ticked in the app. What set uses tiles 40-49?

I've had to surrender the quest, the other side quests have now gone, I've lost a week and must now start the main quest. Pretty pissed off now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1153921/map-tile-numbers-ea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
since version 1.1.0

Quest Text
Soul to Save Set aside tiles 8, 14, 20, 23, 24, 26, 27, and 28.
HLT Set aside tiles 3, 5, 8, 20, 21, 27, and 1 white objective token.
The Goblin Who Would be King Set aside tiles 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 12, 16, and 25.
Enemy of My Enemy Set aside tiles 4, 6, 7, 9, 13, 14, and 23.
Lair of Tekaris Set aside tiles 1, 3, 7, 8, 13, 14, 16, and 23.
Prison Break Set aside tiles 5, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 23, 25, and 26.
Wake of Fire Set aside tiles 2, 5, 8, 9, 12, 14, 16, 23, 24, and 26.
Wake of Fire "The fiery bolts begin to fly from the door, striking all in their path.
Each figure on tiles 16B, 23B, and 8B tests µ. Each figure that fails suffers 2 =.
The traps reset…"
Kildarth the Marked Set aside tiles 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 15, 16, 23, 27, 28, and 29.
The Defense of Thelys Set aside tiles 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 26, and 27.
Bloodhound Set aside tiles 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 15, 20, 23, 24, 26, and 27.
Bloodhound "Beams of light stream from under a door in the far end of the hallway. Between you and it, however, is a thicket of darkness. Something lurks there. You set your eyes on the far door, knowing that if you can reach it before the creatures emerges, the light will surely drive it off…
Place tiles 20B, 24B, 2 extenders, and 1 door."
Bloodhound Place tiles 3B, 26B, 1 end cap, and 1 door.
Bloodhound "As you burst into the chamber, there is a satisfying look of shock on the face's of all those within. You have succeeded at infiltrating the castle without alerting its guard! Now you only need to overcome Alric and his hounds.
Place tiles 1B, 8B, and 1 end cap."
Bloodhound "As you burst into the chamber, your foes stand prepared and ready. Each defender is steadfast and determined.
Place tiles 1B, 8B, and 1 end cap."
Hestion's Host Set aside tiles 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 16, 22, 24, 27, and 28.
Dragon Hunting Set aside tiles 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 15, 19, 20, 24, and 26.
Dragon Hunting Remove all figures, tokens, and everything else from the map and set aside all of the tiles. Each hero discards all conditions.
The Worst Exotic Merriod Inn Set aside tiles 7, 50, 51, 55, 56, 59, 60, and 62.
Pest Control Set aside tiles 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 15, 21, and 25.
Temple of the Elemental Dragon Set aside tiles 8, 9, 12, 31, 32, 34, and 35.
The Demon Hive Set aside tiles 7, 13, 38, and 39.
The Troll's Treasure Set aside tiles 8, 29, 30, 43, 44, 46, and 48.
The Worst Exotic Merriod Inn Set aside tiles 7, 50, 51, 55, 56, 59, 60, and 62.
Smash and Grab Place tiles 8B, 27B, 28A, 70A, 71B, 72B, 73B, 74B, 75B, 76B, and 5 end caps.
The Glade of All Illusions Set aside tiles 2, 4, 6, 7, 12, 14, 15, 19, 21, and 26.
The Treasure of Davin Throm Set aside tiles 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 16, 21, 23, and 28.
The Treasure of Davin Throm Defeat all figures on 8B and the attached end cap. Then detach and discard those tiles and all tokens on them. {0}
The Treasure of Davin Throm Defeat all figures on 5B, and the attached end cap. Then detach and discard those tiles and all tokens on them. {0}
The Treasure of Davin Throm Defeat all figures on 12B, and the attached end cap. Then detach and discard those tiles and all tokens on them. {0}
The Treasure of Davin Throm Defeat all figures on 3B, 9B, the attached end cap, and the attached extender. Then detach and discard those tiles and all tokens on them. {0}
Moth and Flame Set aside tiles 2, 4, and 12.
Burning Wrath Set aside tiles, 1, 4, 5, 20, 25, and 27.
Arachnophilia Set aside tiles 3, 4, 6, 9, 15, and 16.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. It was The Troll's Treasure quest.

The app needs to be able to load a previous save. I think it should do a full save at the end of a quest/in town and intermediate saves during a quest.

If nothing else, you should be able to interrogate a quest before starting it to check it can be set up.

I'm really annoyed that my campaign has been nerfed by a bug. I'm now down at least 2 items of equipment that I could have bought.

Oh well, Space Cadets: Away Missions will be today's game now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Harper
United States
Rochester
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Exact same thing here. I only have base and SoN and it gave me that quest. Completely have to start over now. Grrrr!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Griebel
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
holyguano wrote:

Exact same thing here. I only have base and SoN and it gave me that quest. Completely have to start over now. Grrrr!

The same happened to me, but I decided to just use the Surrender from quest option in the menu and return to the map. I lost a week, but i figured that's better than starting the campaign from the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Or extracting the apk File and printout the missing tiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
holyguano wrote:

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Scholz
United States
Brown Deer
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Same here. I only have the core set selected. After the tutorial in the Rise of Goblins campaign I was oddly presented with 4 side quests on the map. I chose the Troll's Treasure one and quickly realized I didn't have the right map pieces. Continued through the dialogue boxes until I could surrender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame. This app had good promise for solo play but with these issues, I won't be playing it again. I can cope with bad strategy or even bad dice rolls making me lose a quest but when it's shoddy software dicking me over then that's not acceptable.

This highlights one of the reasons app integrated boardgames are a bad idea. I'll never be able to trust them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rickard
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnimalMkIV wrote:
Shame. This app had good promise for solo play but with these issues, I won't be playing it again. I can cope with bad strategy or even bad dice rolls making me lose a quest but when it's shoddy software dicking me over then that's not acceptable.

This highlights one of the reasons app integrated boardgames are a bad idea. I'll never be able to trust them.

Totally, I'll just stick board games because they always work right out of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnimalMkIV wrote:

I understand why you're upset, but this app was a massive endeavor. There will be a few kinks in the system but soon there will be an update that fixes them. That's the beauty of an app (as opposed to, say, a scenario in a game like Mansions of Madness that required two sides of a tile to be used at the same time). Give it another try, maybe in a few weeks after the next update comes through.
-ryanjamal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanjamal wrote:
AnimalMkIV wrote:

I understand why you're upset, but this app was a massive endeavor. There will be a few kinks in the system but soon there will be an update that fixes them. That's the beauty of an app (as opposed to, say, a scenario in a game like Mansions of Madness that required two sides of a tile to be used at the same time). Give it another try, maybe in a few weeks after the next update comes through.
-ryanjamal

If they implement a tiered save system or a manual save option then I'll think about it. Until then, there will be no way to salvage a ruined campaign. This bug wasn't an issue in the first version, it came in with the last update, what'll they break in the next update? Thankfully I was 'only' 5 hours into the game this time.

With your MoM example, you could substitute a tile and finish playing with minimal fuss. With the app as it is, you're campaign is screwed.

I really do want this app to work. I'd love to be able to play Descent whenever I want but until they put in a feature most other computer games have been able to do since the 80s, then it's a non-starter. I'm not prepared to waste a significant chunk of time on something with a potential to break that has no redundancy included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.