Arctic Scavengers» Forums » General

Subject: Are there enough cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
possum man
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first two games of this last week (love it), one was 3-player and the other was 4-player. The 3-player went smoothly, but in the 4-player it just felt like there weren't enough mercenaries. By the end of the game every pile was empty except Saboteurs, which made hunting and medkits basically pointless, and so everyone just kept most of their cards for the skirmish.
We'll add in the HQ and/or Recon expansions soon, but I just wanted to check if that's normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played for a long time but I find it surprising.

Are you sure you didn't get a rule wrong ?
You can perform an action only once per turn, including hiring a new mercenary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple

Harjumaa
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards are meant to be a limited resource. This is entirely intentional from what I can tell. It affects player strategy.

You an get rid of this by getting the new expansion, as it includes a lot more other cards and just use more decks in your games, but in all honesty, limited resources for recruitment is a huge part of this game

Seeing that there's just one Thug or Sniper left makes you consider grabbing it before someone else does. This adds a lot of decision points to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
possum man
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah we definitely played it right. I like the fact that each mercenary deck is quite small for extra decisions, it just seemed like there weren't enough cards in total.
Two more games today - we're currently experiencing how devastating sniper teams can be!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
possumman wrote:
Yeah we definitely played it right. I like the fact that each mercenary deck is quite small for extra decisions, it just seemed like there weren't enough cards in total.
Two more games today - we're currently experiencing how devastating sniper teams can be!

Glad you are enjoying it! I think you'll like the stack size experience with the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
possum man
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing some HQ expansion yesterday, I just came to say it's a great expansion. The extra cards are a good total-stack-size boost and I think it adds a lot of gameplay.
(We're definitely racking up the plays quickly, normally our group plays one or two games a week, we've played about 6 games in 3 days)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.