C W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't been able to find a thread about this, but I was wondering what thoughts/experience people have with playing 2nd Ed, but with the 1st Ed board? Impossible to get a 6th this time unfortunately. Related question: is the common opinion that axing Martell is a bad way to do 5p? I had read that it gave someone a free lunch (forget who).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never played the 1st edition, so unable to answer your first question.

Regarding the second question though, there are generally two agreed upon ways to play with 5 players.

The first (and easiest to implement) method is to leave out Greyjoy instead and make Pyke and the Iron Bay sea are inaccessible.

The second method is to download and print out the excellent 4 and 5 player overlays by Roftie, found here.
Tape this over your board and play with 5 players as per the rules as written, leaving out House Martell. With this, the balance is restored.

I have personally never played the 4 player overlay. If you want to play with 4 players I suggest the officialFeast for Crows expansion instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.