Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you all think about whether or not it's ok to interrupt a player mid-answer to accuse someone (probably that player) of being the spy?

We had a situation in a game tonight in which I was the spy, and I asked my brother a question. He was taking quite a long time to answer, was being a bit evasive and generally stumbling about a bit, so I immediately called a vote, knowing that I was the spy. Everyone voted for him to be the spy so I won, but I wonder, was that really fair?

We talked about it a bit afterwards, and the consensus was pretty much "never mind fair, it was fun", but still.... It'd be nice to get some opinion, if not official decision - can you pause the game and call a vote whilst someone else is in the middle of their answer? For that matter, can you call a vote instead of answering yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seems to be the way the app works. We play it that way. You can only call for a vote one time, but you can do it any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you can interrupt, else my being the spy is just a question if I can filibuster the clock...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely. Call it any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I agree with people: the game risks grinding to a halt if people can't be accused during an answer, and it also seems both a fun and reasonable thing to do.

Similarly though less commonly, I reckon it's also fine to accuse someone during a question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. This is a great point:

Cinnibar wrote:
I hope you can interrupt, else my being the spy is just a question if I can filibuster the clock...

which pretty much makes it a must that you can interrupt.

clivej wrote:
Similarly though less commonly, I reckon it's also fine to accuse someone during a question.

That's a good point too. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.