Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Pour Away,Mein Host
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I broke out this fine game after many years but have forgotten an aspect of leader movement. I know a group may move to only one adjacent zone(s) per turn. However, one of the leader's special abilities is that he is able to move two zones. While that leader is part of a group, is he able to "drag" that group along with him to the second zone? Or, is the group limited to one zone despite traveling with a leader?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyJF wrote:
I broke out this fine game after many years but have forgotten an aspect of leader movement. I know a group may move to only one adjacent zone(s) per turn. However, one of the leader's special abilities is that he is able to move two zones. While that leader is part of a group, is he able to "drag" that group along with him to the second zone? Or, is the group limited to one zone despite traveling with a leader?

I can't help - I play the old school version which had no leaders. The fact that a newer version has them is news to me.

This underlines the problem I see with having new versions with significant rules changes sharing the same database entry, and consequently the same rules folder, with older versions. I love this old game and am happy to help with rules questions, but how am I to know (other than in an obvious case like this one) that the person asking is playing a different rule set? It's a source of confusion and a waste of time for all concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
This underlines the problem I see with having new versions with significant rules changes sharing the same database entry, and consequently the same rules folder, with older versions. I love this old game and am happy to help with rules questions, but how am I to know (other than in an obvious case like this one) that the person asking is playing a different rule set? It's a source of confusion and a waste of time for all concerned.

+1 to that, and I'd tack on that it's also more difficult to arrange satisfactory game trades when either or both traders may not realize that significant differences beyond simple appearance may exist between versions. What starts as a simple trade could end with someone being disappointed and angry at not getting the game they anticipated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no reason to think it applies to any other units from the way it is worded.

This is a very recent addition to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.