Subject: Game Time plus an hour. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The estimated game time says 40 minutes but the first few 4 player games that i have played have been about 1 hour 40 minutes.

I can't imagine that you could complete a 4 player game in too much under 90 minutes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We regularly hit 45 minutes with 4-5 players. We resolve our actions simultaneously, with the people who selected the same action deciding the quantity of actions they can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah ... I dunno what you're doing to double the playtime. This game should not take over an hour at any player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this with my 9 year old. We learned the rules and played in about an hour. He beat me...of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game took about ninety minutes with four players, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Kaplan
United States
South Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Our first game took about ninety minutes with four players, I think.

I too made the mistake of playing with 6 new players & allowing for the strategic action variation. It was a nightmar-ishly long game. After almost 2 hours, we all agreed to skip two of the cards on the last season.

Here is what I learned: on larger play counts ALWAYS play with the simultaneous selection rules. This speeds up the game. Also, I don't know if playing with 5 or 6 people are really the best player counts at all; it seams to make the game just drag on. Then again, with experienced players, the outcome may be different. I will have to try it again to know for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.