Hide
2 Posts

Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection» Forums » Rules

Subject: Brit bot - WI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Razler
msg tools
Am I correct that the Brit bot never Musters to WI?

If so, I am curious about this design decision considering that the French bot does.

Why does the Brit bot cede this area and the associated resources?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John,

Here are some earlier threads regarding this question. From what I gather, it's partly to execute a certain strategy in the "mainland" and part to avoid unnecessary complexity of when WI should be chosen as the Muster space.

- West Indies and BOTS
Oerjan wrote:
..and note what extra variables the British bot would need to check to get that timing: French Resources, Patriot Resources, and the number of cards played so far in the game (since Winter cards will be #7-11, 17-21, 27-31 etc.).

Also note that even with this good timing, it is only "tempting" rather than "must play". grabbing the WI gains the British 3-4 Resources (5 from WI, minus 1 for the Muster to place Regulars there and possibly minus 1 more for keeping Regulars in WI after the Winter Quarters), so these Resources must be weighed against what up to 6 more British Regulars in the Colonies could achieve...

- NP British West Indies
Oerjan wrote:
So, NP British will Muster in the West Indies if there aren't any Neutral or Passive spaces on the map, and the Muster can't take Control of any Pop-1 or larger space but can take Control of the West Indies.

This situation doesn't arise very often, and that is deliberate: while the West Indies can be lucrative, it is also a place where it is extremely easy to take lots of Casualties for little or no gain. In most cases, BritBot prefers to base its economy on City Control, Forts and occasional piracy Naval Pressure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.