Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Dennis
United States
Newbury Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newbie question: Looking on the Terrain Chart card on line 23 (Wooden Building) in the notes section, it says "IF adds +1/level above target". This seems to imply that someone in a wooden building on the second floor would get a +1 to the terrain modifier if fired on by a unit at level 0. But we can't seem to find the specific rule reference stating this (in either the terrain or Infantry rules section). Also, in looking up "IF" in the glossary, it says that "IF" is Intensive Fire. But I don't think that is what the reference is about. I also don't think it is a reference to "Indirect Fire".

Obviously, we're missing something on this. Can anyone help clarify what the card reference is talking about? What is the elevation-based modifier that someone in a wooden building gets?

Thanks in advance,
d

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure it is referring to indirect fire. For every floor above the target, there is a +1 added to the normal terrain modifier for the building.

It's harder to hit people on the ground floor of a building with mortars than it is to hit them on the top floor.

Check out B23.32 INDIRECT FIRE in the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, it is for Indirect Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dennis
United States
Newbury Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you - makes complete sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.