Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't seem to explicitly state that you can't move over land to a port or coastal hex and then amphibiously assault move out of it. I had always assumed no, but I'm being asked for proof.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Amenta

Idaho Falls
Idaho
msg tools
mb
lgoldberg wrote:
The rules don't seem to explicitly state that you can't move over land to a port or coastal hex and then amphibiously assault move out of it. I had always assumed no, but I'm being asked for proof.

You can only move from any coastal hex to any coastal hex.

Therefore - by logical inference, you cannot move to another inland hex, or multiple coastal hexes i.e. only from one coastal hex to another, to be considered "amphibious".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I think it would be considered two different moves for one unit. Units are limited to one move type I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but those are all the things I've been telling my opponent. Trouble is, I don't see an explicit statement in either v2 or v3 rules. I'm pretty sure you guys are right though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lgoldberg wrote:
Thanks, but those are all the things I've been telling my opponent. Trouble is, I don't see an explicit statement in either v2 or v3 rules. I'm pretty sure you guys are right though.

If he insists on being a jerk find another opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are totally right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colmenarez wrote:
lgoldberg wrote:

My 11 year old son. There's no escape. Well, not anything legal, anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
They are totally right.

Thanks, Mark!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lgoldberg wrote:
colmenarez wrote:
lgoldberg wrote:

My 11 year old son. There's no escape. Well, not anything legal, anyway

Ah, well, provide the context man! This is what kids DO all the time (I speak from personal experience, as in I used to do it all the time as a 12 year old). I would be disappointed if he didn't try to rules lawyer his way into/out of everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.