Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Bigler
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone could take another person on a Die Table (or market) card but has no more people to take (they already have 10), do they need to make another choice? Or can they say 'I would take another person, but there are no more for me so I just don't get one'.

This would make a difference as other people who are forced to take a person would need to feed this extra person.

This could also occur on the base game Die Table cards if someone could take a field but they are already maxed out.

Thanks for any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Saddleback, covered by a blanket of winter snow
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The issue is discussed here: More Workers than physical pieces?

Basically, the number of people, tools, and the length of the food track are all hard limits, but you can block and just not take the action. I would assume you can take a card option that has no effect to block the option.

However, if you're playing 5-player, you should be able to buy tools up to 4-4-4; improvise extra markers if necessary. The publisher simply didn't expect them to run out: Are the number of tools limited in the 5-player expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Bigler
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks.
I did a couple of searches, but did not find that thread.

As far as running out of tools, I contacted Z-Man after I purchased the Z-Man base game and Rio Grand SitG expansion. They were kind enough to send me a few extra tool bits.
Missing tools?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.