United States
Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
do they get two bang! cards back?

It says, "When a player used a clip, you also get to regain a Bang! card."

One the one hand it says "a player," not "another player" which leads me to believe that they would get the extra bang! back. But on the other hand the word also seems to work against that interpretation. I could see it either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
Son of Jor-El
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point

The fact that it's called "The Good Friend" would suggest that it would have to be somebody else taking the clip for you to use the ability and take a clip yourself. After all, you can't be friends with yourself!

The use of the word "also" in the phrase "you also get to regain a Bang! card" would also make me think that it's intended that you're taking a Bang! card when another player does so, rather than being able to take two when you use a clip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It feels to me like this is a badly worded card, because I don't think that the intention is simply to let the player regain a bang card - they'd have to swap for a card in their hand, like you do with a clip normally, otherwise you're left with an extra card at the end of the round.

But that said, I agree with Gary - I don't think you can use it on yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.