4 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Taking a monster or animal follower rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boris Jerkovic
msg tools
We had the following situation:
My wife plays as a Ghoul and she resurrects a dragon after she defeats it (she keeps it as a follower). I am a Sorceress and I land on her character. Since I can take any follower (except few) from a character that I land on, I take her dragon. The question is this: Since I cannot keep the dragon as a follower (It was Ghoul's special ability) do I discard it or can i keep it as a trophy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's okay, I'm
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can't keep it as a trophy for sure.

I personally would rule you can keep the dragon as a follower for one battle, as per the ghoul ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't even take the Dragon (or Animal). Reason being, they don't have the Follower keyword, they are only treated as such by the Ghoul/Minstrel, Sorceress can only take actual Followers that have the Follower keyword.

Note that since Ghoul/Minstrel still treat them as Followers, they are subject to anything that causes them to interact with Followers. Have only a Dragon Follower as Ghoul (though no Ghoul in their right mind would do that, turn it in for +1 Str instead), draw Werewolf (one Follower is a WW that attacks you), Dragon it is.

"Some cards and special abilities allow characters to take cards
as Followers even if the card type is not actually listed as a
Follower. For example, the Minstrel’s special ability allows
him to charm Animals into joining him as Followers. A character
that has these Followers in his play area treats them
as normal Followers in all regards, except he cannot choose
to ditch them. If another character has an ability that affects
Followers, he cannot target a card that has become a Follower." (FAQ, p. 2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Jerkovic
msg tools
Okay, thank you for clarifying that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.