Subject: Question about the Barrier spell rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Hammer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just discovered how darned useful the Barrier spell is

However, I have a question I'm hoping somebody can clarify. Do monsters still count the location containing the barrier for movement, or do they 'hop' over it?

I've been playing that a creature with 1 movement can't get passed the barrier if it is in-between it and the closest hero. Creatures with higher movement I'm allowing to pass the barrier, but only if they do not end their move on the location containing the spell, otherwise they get 'bounced' back a space.

However, it dawned on me today that an alternative take is that a monster with Movement 1 may still move a location, but they simply 'hop' over the location protected by the spell, therefore still moving '1'.

Does anybody know which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Glass
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They count it for movement. The locations are adjacent both as laid out for the game and thematically; there may be a passageway that has been abstracted out.

This does raise a possible variant where the locations are laid out in a grid, thereby providing more than one way into some locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.