Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Ally heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dom Pavetic
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Simple question, really dumb though, but who controls an ally hero in campaigns? Do the Rebels assign one player that hero? Or is it a collective effort? I'm still learning and apologize for the amount of questions I have if anyone recognized how new I am to this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Roflcopter72 wrote:
Simple question, really dumb though, but who controls an ally hero in campaigns? Do the Rebels assign one player that hero? Or is it a collective effort? I'm still learning and apologize for the amount of questions I have if anyone recognized how new I am to this game

We just give it to one player hero to control for ease. But we usually get collective input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An ally is not a hero, so he can't use both actions to attack.

The ally is controlled by the Rebel players collectively. But if heroes can't reach a decision the Imperial player may choose one rebel to make the decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rebel players collectively control an ally given to them by the mission and/or an ally they are taking with them into the mission. Usually it's good to assign an ally to a specific player.

If you talk about the deployment cards of the heroes, they are used in Skirmish only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Pavetic
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
So just to be sure, the player has a choice between using the ally or their hero, and are both allowed a turn before the round is over or is the player restricted to playing as their hero OR the ally? For that round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The activation phase consists of alternating activations of the rebel side and the imperial side.

When it is the rebel 'turn', they select one hero or ally group to activate. The imperial then selects one of their deployment cards to activate. This is continued until both sides have all of their groups exhausted.

The choice is not between a hero and an ally. The choice is which group to activate now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Roop
United States
Mendon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
The activation phase consists of alternating activations of the rebel side and the imperial side.

When it is the rebel 'turn', they select one hero or ally group to activate. The imperial then selects one of their deployment cards to activate. This is continued until both sides have all of their groups exhausted.

The choice is not between a hero and an ally. The choice is which group to activate now.

The only thing to add is the rules state that EACH heroe/ally must use their activation before any hero may use a second activation. This only applies when there are fewer than 4 heroes playing, but it keep the same charater from using 2 activations in a row unless everyone else has already acted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.