Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to post a little something with the scenario I uploaded.

As you could tell if you downloaded the scenario, I made it years ago. I had played this game so much that I can hardly read the counters. Most playings of the full battle never got into the late afternoon. This left A.P. Hill's division relatively unused. As anybody who has read of the battle knows, it seemed to have defined segments. Not much was happening on the rest of the field when IX Corps advanced on Sharpsburg and was attacked by Hill. I therefore decided that the game could use another one-map scenario like was done for Hooker and Mansfield.

This scenario, Burnside's Victory, starts after IX Corps has finished crossing the Antietam and is ready to start its advance on the town. I took my information from Murfin and Sears. I also added a few "What If" options. Sadly, I haven't had time to revisit this great game... so I leave it to you to let me know what may be wrong or right with this scenario.

If you can't find it in the files section here on BGG, you can always get it from www.dfwfront.com/Wargames/BurnsideVictory.zip

Thanks! - Greg Blanchett
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Antoniazzi
msg tools
Also place each map "22x34" in it's own BCW "24x36" Acid Free poster protectors,this way i think you could manage the game better, and the BCW plastic protector is firm, will protect your maps,then you could use each map separate, or combination of placing the maps together on table. you could manage your maps better.

When doing this wear clean plastic thin surgical gloves,so no hand prints will be on the maps [or counters stated below] place each "22x34" map slowly/carefully in it's own BCW "24x36"poster protector.

Also a suggestion,keep the original unit counters with the game unpunched, [Do NOT LAMINATE THE ORIGINAL COUNTER SHEETS] go to staples and make rich color photo copies front and back of original counters sheets, on firm staples grade paper,then have the color printed counter sheets each laminated front and back.take the laminated color sheets and carefully with a sharp box cutter using a small steel ruler as a guide,cut out each laminated counter slowly one laminated counter at a time,[YOU COULD ALSO USE A STAND MAGNIFIER WITH A LIGHT ON IT TO HELP SEE CUTING THE LAMINATE COUNTERS] the laminated counters from the front matching the laminated counter sheets to their back counter part,then use the acid free two sided scotch 1/2" acid free tape, placed tape between each counter,front matching it's back cut out counter,then press the front to the back of each matched laminated counter,[1/2'acid free scotch tape between matching counters front and back ] do one match laminated counter at a time for alinement,the match front counter and back counter that belongs to each other,IMPORTANT: DO EACH MATCHING CUT COUNTER FRONT AND BACK ONE AT A TIME.
This way you will always have your original new unpunched counters.

You want to protect the beautiful original maps and keep the original counters unpunched. Also protect all the rules and charts of game with acid free sleeve protectors,and don't forget to protect the game box with an acid free clear plastic bag.

You would want the very best protection for this beautiful battle game!

I been to the stones river battlefield many times,this battle was one of the most vicious battles fought,and consider the bloodiest battle of the US Civil War, for the number of men involved,each side lost 30% on new year's eve!
I wonder if the whole army was drunk on this New Year day, killing each other the way they did!

I hope i was of help in protecting the game,let me know if you have any questions, Mariano

Posted This Also On the Dead of Winter Map Size Forum, and Three Days of Gettysburg Forum to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Antoniazzi
msg tools
Mariano Antoniazzi
(Mariano500)
msg tools
Also if the original counters are already punched,you could protect all your 1/2" punched original counters, by placing each one in the apple brand 5/8"x5/8"snap on clear plastic sleeve,you could purchase/order the 5/8"x5/8"snap on clear plastic sleeves from Fetpak Inc.,just take each original counter, and slide original counter into the 5/8" clear plastic snap apple sleeve.

you could still stack the counters in game play

I would not recommended [DO NOT] laminate the original counters, but to place each original already cut counter in the clear plastic 5/8"x5/8" snap apple sleeve, from brand apple.

you could purchase these 5/8"x5/8" clear plastic snap apple sleeves by the thousand from Fetpak Inc.

give it a try,your original punched counters will be new from day one!

If the original unit counters are not cut out from their original sheets,then see my other way to save the original unit counters in their uncut sheets, that i have written above about, in my last message information.

it is tedious,but well worth it to protect the original unit counters!

you want to always protect the beautiful game, Dead of Winter.
Masterpiece of GBACW games design!

hope i was of help,let me know,Mariano

Posted This Also On the Dead of Winter Map Size Forum,and The Three Days of Gettysburg Forum to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Antoniazzi
msg tools
Mariano Antoniazzi
(Mariano500)
msg tools
Dead of Winter (second edition) » Forums » General
Re: Map Size
Hello Alan,thank you for your reply,a lot of people see your point,but my philosophy is to save the original game from day one,the maps/play charts/unit counters/etc.

In the long run the whole game,[games], [ DO GET WORN OUT! ]
It is worth the work to protect, save the maps/counters/,charts/rules/etc.

When the game maps and unit counters are worn out from play, and the game is out of print, you wish you have done this,take your time and do a little at a time,you could still play the game while doing this.
it's like putting a big jigsaw puzzle together.

To get the best results from my information for protection to the game [game's ], it is best to protect the game, when the game [games ] is new,this way you would have the full protection of the new game [games ], from day one, only to replace just the plastic protectors to the game, if in time, if in your lifetime!

if the game is already used,you could still protect the game as i have written

any one reading this please see all my written accounts above of map/unit counters/ charts/rules/game etc. protection.

I have also written if the original unit counters are already punched, for how to protect them, and i have written how to save the New Original Unit Counter Sheets Unpunched,so you could always keep the New Original Unit Counter Sheets Unpunched, also the Protection for the Maps.

if i had to start over i would have become a surgeon, i look at the very fine details,but also the fine details to save the life of games.

if anyone is confuse on any of my game protection information's i have written above,please let me know- please see all my messages.

hope i was of help,Thanks,Mariano

Posted This Also On The Dead of Winter Map Size Forum,and The Three Days of Gettysburg Forum to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Antoniazzi
msg tools
Mariano Antoniazzi
(Mariano500)
msg tools
Mariano Antoniazzi
(Mariano500)
msg tools
Dead of Winter (second edition) » Forums » General
Re: Map Size
You may also want to protect each one of the 22"x 34" maps, carefully laid out each map in its own 24"x36" BCW clear acid free sleeve protector,your maps will be well protected, and more manageable,and you could use each BCW sleeve protected map individually by itself,or placed each of the BCW sleeve protected maps together for the whole game.

I go also as far as to protect each 1/2" unit counter in the 5/8"x5/8" plastic Apple snap bag,you could purchase these 5/8"plastic snaps by Apple bags, by the thousands from Fetpak Inc.,so each punched unit counter is also protected,it will take a long time to protect each counter,just experiment with this, you will get use to it.

I would not [DO NOT] laminate the original punched counters,but place each original punched counter in its own 5/8" plastic snap.

See my step by step written accounts on how to keep and save the original new unpunched counters,and keep them always forever unpunched still in their original counter sheets.

Protect your game rules manuals, all your game charts etc. with the acid free sleeve sheet protectors,it is best to do this when the game is new so you you will have the full protection from day one,and you could also protect all your games this way.
Protect also your game box in an acid free clear plastic bag.

These are just suggestions to protect your beautiful game, maps and unit counters,manuals and game charts.

Please see my other written step by step written accounts here, how to save and keep your original unpunched unit counters,so you could always keep the new unpunched counters new, in their original new unpunched counter sheets.

You would always want to give your games, and beautiful maps their full protection.
Please also see my written step by step accounts on here. Thanks!

Posted this also on the Dead of Winter Map Size Forum,and The Three Days of Gettysburg Forum to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.