United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Van Overbay is the one that told me about this. So I can't take credit. But this one is a good gambling game. I just wanted to post to make sure everyone knew that.

Everyone needs to bring $6 in quarters. ($5 might be enough, though it is possible to run out and need more, with $6 you can't run out.)

The quarters will replace the silver coins in the game, These are your action points.

Each player will start out with 8 quarters in their haven. (their action points.) These can't be taken away from you (So technically you're only losing $4 at most during the game).

Anything you sail out plunder and bring back to your haven will become safe (extra action points just like in the game) and also can't be taken away from you.

The winner of the game gets the remainder of the pot. Anything that a player hasn't gotten back to his haven.

It changes the game a little bit, when you look at an opponents ship and their's 8 or 10 quarters on it trying to get back home. Makes it a bit more tempting to try to take a couple of shots at it and sink or plunder her.

I suppose you could also play the game with silver dollars too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that sounds kinda cool, actually. It would be fun to chase down a friends ship full of real, shiny money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Overbay
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this Christopher!

Another option we also use sometimes is to included gold Washington dollar coins in place of the gold doubloons. Each player simply brings six or seven of these also. Most banks keep them on hand and they're really nice and shiny! I use them also when just playing for fun!

Sincerely,
Van Overbay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.