Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have a general observation/inquiry about game play data here on BGG.

For me, the most valuable parts of this site is the community here and the immense database with information about all the thousands of games available out there on the market.

I consider one of the most important stats here to be the game play stats.

It's a great resource to be able to see which games are being played and hitting the tables the most often. This along with the ratings and comments/reviews on the games gives a helpful filter to determine what to buy/play which is useful for veteran users and new members as well.

It's not easy to get those stats though...

https://boardgamegeek.com/plays/bygame/subtype/boardgame

That page times out when you choose too large of a date window... and it limits the search to a predefined # of games.

The only other way to see the play data stat is to look on each game page which is more time consuming.

Are there any plans to add the game play data to the advanced search page so that it simply lists the game plays right there among the other stats like geekrating, average rating, number of raters etc?

I think having that game play data there would give a better idea of the games that are played the most as well as those that are rated highest and those that are rated/owned the most as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a small subset of the community, but here is some additional data.

BGG Spring 2016 Library Stats

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.