Subject: Did I play this right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Douglas
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played an MK Iron Fist card followed by Ghost Rider "Hell On Wheels" which using the Iron Fist MK card gave me the bonus +2 recruit. I then played a second "Hell On Wheels" card. I know I can't use the Iron Fist Card again for a second bonus but I used the 1st Ghost Rider Card to trigger the 2nd Ghost Rider Bonus. Was this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alextuesday wrote:
I played an MK Iron Fist card followed by Ghost Rider "Hell On Wheels" which using the Iron Fist MK card gave me the bonus +2 recruit. I then played a second "Hell On Wheels" card. I know I can't use the Iron Fist Card again for a second bonus but I used the 1st Ghost Rider Card to trigger the 2nd Ghost Rider Bonus. Was this correct?

You played it correctly, however - you can use a card as a trigger for an infinite number of times. If you played Iron Fist you can use any number of cards that have as a superpower trigger MK, or his color/class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
alextuesday wrote:

Ahhh... I think you have misunderstood the rule "You can only use a card's Superpower once".

What it means is that if you play...

Focus Chi (Iron Fist)
followed by
Hell On Wheels (Ghost Rider)

then you get the MK Superpower bonus of +2 Recruit.

If you play...

Focus Chi (Iron Fist)
followed by
followed by

You first get the +2 Recruit as described above, and then you get the MK Superpower bonus of +2 Recruit (for playing the second Hell On Wheels card).

The rule "You can only use a card's Superpower once" means that when you played the second Hell On Wheels card, you only get the MK Superpower bonus of +2 Recruit once, not twice, i.e you don't get it twice because you had played two MK Icon cards previously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
alextuesday wrote:

Or to put it another way...

The icon in the top left of a card are either
(i) Hero Class (i.e. Green Strength, Red Covert, etc.)
or
(ii) Team Icon (i.e. X-Men, Avengers)

The card's Superpower is the instruction in the lower middle of the card in the text area, such as Ghost Rider's Hell On Wheels

MK: You get +2 Recruit

The rule, on page 12, is "You can only use a card's Superpower once" refers to the Superpower text, not the icon in the top left corner of the card.

So, no matter how many matching Hero Class / Team Icons you have, you can only trigger the Superpower the once.

In your case, you can only trigger "MK: You get +2 Recruit" once, no matter how many "MK" icons you have played already.

If you play a second identical Hell On Wheels card, you can trigger the "MK: You get +2 Recruit" on the new card once.

If you play a third identical Hell On Wheels card, you can trigger the "MK: You get +2 Recruit" on the new card once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Douglas
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been playing this wrong as once I used a played card "class" to trigger another card I no longer used the played card "class" to trigger additional cards.

So in my example, the Iron Fist class could actually trigger both Ghost Rider card effects once per card for a total of 8 recruit, 2 + 2 additional for the trigger per card.

Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
alextuesday wrote:
So in my example, the Iron Fist class could actually trigger both Ghost Rider card effects once per card for a total of 8 recruit, 2 + 2 additional for the trigger per card.

That is correct. Playing the two Hell On Wheels cards would net you a total of 8 Recruit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most helpful way for me to think of this is, when I see:

MK: You get +2 Recruit

I say to myself, "As long as I have played at least one MK card before this one on this turn, I get +2 Recruit."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Rutgers
Australia
flag msg tools
Sorry to revive this thread. I have been playing with eletra,moon knight and ghost rider.
If I played 4 MK cards and then played hell on wheels. Do i get 10 recruit?
Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vacatedboat wrote:
Sorry to revive this thread. I have been playing with eletra,moon knight and ghost rider.
If I played 4 MK cards and then played hell on wheels. Do i get 10 recruit?
Many thanks

You only get the effect once, so no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.