Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/the-other...

There's way too much to post here, so here's a sampling:

Core Box

Gluttony Sin

Beta Team

Omega Team

Apocalypse Box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NOT CLOSE ENOUGH

nnnnnnnnnnngggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adventurous Moose

LOUISVILLE
KY - Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
So every sin box has 3 dice surprise

That means you would get 28 Sin dice and 10 Hero dice with the base purchase...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow this is just what I wanted to see prior to pledging on massive darkness.
Thanks for posting this, it's restored my confidence back with cmon as to be honest their customer service is really hard to get hold of and I was losing confidence in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
acehawkster1973 wrote:
Thanks for posting this, it's restored my confidence back with cmon as to be honest their customer service is really hard to get hold of and I was losing confidence in them.

Really? It sours me on Massive Darkness even more; look at how much less we're getting compared to the funding amounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was going to say: on every consecutive CMoN campaign, the distance between stretch goals is getting bigger and bigger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Magic Pink wrote:
acehawkster1973 wrote:

Really? It sours me on Massive Darkness even more; look at how much less we're getting compared to the funding amounts.

a lot of these are addons and the others only got 10k backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adventurous Moose

LOUISVILLE
KY - Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
And, we are comparing a completed campaign to one that isn't 1/3 of the way through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackelantern wrote:
So every sin box has 3 dice surprise

That means you would get 28 Sin dice and 10 Hero dice with the base purchase...

Soooooo much better to pledge this one than buy at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
The way things are going, I'm bound to get my pledge for this before my Z:BP arrives. D:<

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I seriously had forgotten just the sheer volume of minis in the package. That shipping box is going to be insane. Pity they didn't fix Augustine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Man, I seriously had forgotten just the sheer volume of minis in the package. That shipping box is going to be insane. Pity they didn't fix Augustine.

I like that he's a little corrupted out of the box.goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
AM I the only backer out there who got an actual hard on seeing this? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
BathTubNZ wrote:

I saw him in person and he is like the very first image we saw from him on the kickstarter. He has a big neck for sure, but big as that stretched picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Willcock
United Kingdom
Flintshire
flag msg tools
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
acehawkster1973 wrote:

Your actually getting more minis in Massive Darkness then you did in the others. 112 figures in the others (no add-ons) compared to currently 121 in Massive darkness

Breaking down the numbers:

In Massive darkness 10 are Kickstarter exclusive, The Others had 8.

In MD 11 are characters, The Others has 19

In MD 16 are big figures, The Others has 14 (the 7 sins, 5 from Hell Club (i'm pushing it there), the Mayor & Nicholas)

For variation, MD has 44 different figures, while the Others has 76.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
LukeSp00k wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
acehawkster1973 wrote:

Your actually getting more minis in Massive Darkness then you did in the others. 112 figures in the others (no add-ons) compared to currently 121 in Massive darkness

Breaking down the numbers:

In Massive darkness 10 are Kickstarter exclusive, The Others had 8.

In MD 11 are characters, The Others has 19

In MD 16 are big figures, The Others has 14 (the 7 sins, 5 from Hell Club (i'm pushing it there), the Mayor & Nicholas)

For variation, MD has 44 different figures, while the Others has 76.

I'll take variation and original gameplay over quantity of plastic any time...
MD does make me want to pledge, The Others I HAD TO pledge.

MD looks great of course but it is just YET ANOTHER DUNGEONCRAWLER and we've had tons of these lately, in all forms and shapes. Whereas The Others offers something a tiny bit more original, doesn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools
Regardless of whether it's good or not; this is my most anticipated game of the year.

From the first moment I saw The Others; I was really excited about the concept of it.

I have liked most of what Eric Lang has put out there so am really happy this is on target.

July can't come soon enough .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Willcock
United Kingdom
Flintshire
flag msg tools
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:

I'll take variation and original gameplay over quantity of plastic any time...
MD does make me want to pledge, The Others I HAD TO pledge.

MD looks great of course but it is just YET ANOTHER DUNGEONCRAWLER and we've had tons of these lately, in all forms and shapes. Whereas The Others offers something a tiny bit more original, doesn't it?

The Others was a must pledge for me as well, while for Massive Darkness I've pledged, but apart from Heroquest, Space Crusade and Warhammer Quest (which I'm currently trying to buy the missing pieces for) I don't have a dungeon crawler. Got Conan on kickstarter coming at some point???, but Massive Darkness hopefully provides that easy play GM'less game. I was close to backing folklore, but decided it was to fiddly for my gaming group, got D&D for the fiddly dungeon crawl already.

One thing I would like Massive Darkness to copy from the Others is the variation/poses of models for the minions, The Others would have 6 minions with 3 different poses, while Massive Darkness have 10 minions and no different poses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.