Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Moongha Invaders Two Player» Forums » General

Subject: Two-player version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So...

...is the two-player version an actual expansion, or is it just the two-player rules that are downloadable on the Treefrog Games website?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know for sure that the printing/version of this game has a two-sided board; one side is the regular game the other side is the two player game.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MGAC wrote:
So...

...is the two-player version an actual expansion, or is it just the two-player rules that are downloadable on the Treefrog Games website?

Thanks!


The two-player game is a totally different game from the 3 and 4 player game. Different rules, some different components and some shared components.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah...ok. I just picked up the Kickstarter version from Miniature Market. When I looked BGG, it showed a two-player version. I wanted to make sure I got it.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MGAC wrote:
Ah...ok. I just picked up the Kickstarter version from Miniature Market. When I looked BGG, it showed a two-player version. I wanted to make sure I got it.

Thanks!

For anyone seeing this thread in future, BGG does indeed have a separate folder for the two-player version: Moongha Invaders Two Player.
The two-player version was never published separately, but that folder serves a very useful purpose in that the two games, despite many components in common, have very different rules. Dealing with both rulebooks in a single Rules folder would be endlessly confusing. (The two-player game was included in the 2nd edition only.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think this should be marked at least as "expands: Moonga Invaders"?

E.g. so it's clear it's not totally a stand-alone product, but part of the Moonga game, albeit sufficiently different to deserve it's own entry?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
MGAC wrote:
Ah...ok. I just picked up the Kickstarter version from Miniature Market. When I looked BGG, it showed a two-player version. I wanted to make sure I got it.

Thanks!

For anyone seeing this thread in future, BGG does indeed have a separate folder for the two-player version: Moongha Invaders Two Player.
The two-player version was never published separately, but that folder serves a very useful purpose in that the two games, despite many components in common, have very different rules. Dealing with both rulebooks in a single Rules folder would be endlessly confusing. (The two-player game was included in the 2nd edition only.)


Are the two-player rules linked for download?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.