Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Is it allowed to say the other what you have seen if you inspected a treasure card?

Yesterday I played the first time and some other players said "no, it's not allowed". But if I say "here's the treasure" no one could 100% believe me, because they don't know my role. So in my opinion it's much more entertaining if you can say anything you want. For example "I'm a dwarf and I know the treasure is under this card".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh the Saboteur police take a very dim view of that kind of behaviour. Indulge in any sort of table talk like this and a SWAT team will be lobbing stun grenades through the skylight faster than you can say 'Just kidding'.

Cue the 'If it doesn't say you can in the rules' vs the 'But it doesn't say you can't' debate. Like you say, up to game end there is nothing to say whether you are bluffing or not although tactically if you did do this first and someone checked the same card after you, it might declare your side to them. So on balance I tend to keep quiet, but certainly not because 'it's forbidden'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talking forbidden? Seriously?

The table talk about "saboteur moves" and treasure cards is what makes this game shine.
It would be very boring without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont have the rules in front of me, but I do believe talking (and perhaps lying) about revealed gold was explicitly allowed and even encouraged. What's not allowed is to actually show your role card or revealed treasure to anyone else. You can talk and others can believe you or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
I dont have the rules in front of me, but I do believe talking (and perhaps lying) about revealed gold was explicitly allowed and even encouraged.

In fact, the rules don't mention anything about it. So, it's allowed. Nevertheless, I think that it's funnier when players don't share secret info, like the position of the gold.

DragonsDream wrote:

What's not allowed is to actually show your role card or revealed treasure to anyone else. You can talk and others can believe you or not.

Absolutely correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's also my opinion. In all these "saboteur/spy" games it's much more fun if you talk about your possible role etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
It's a hidden role game. Unless someone views another role card, it's all hear-say. Go for it! I ALWAYS ask what the brown card was, they never tell me though, heh. It's good to try to figure out who your teammates are before the end of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you say there's gold, the saboteurs can try to block the route to that card. If you say there's gold, you may be a saboteur trying to trick you building a route to that card, wasting cards and actions.

If you say there's no gold, the saboteurs can try to block the other cards. If you say there's no gold, you may be a saboteur that saw gold in that card.

As long as you don't show hidden information, you can decide to say something or decide to not say anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S.
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's totally allowed. It's actually the reason why my group thinks the map card is almost useless. In one of our first games, two others all checked different goal cards and didn't find a treasure. I (a Saboteur) checked the last one and went, "Huh. One of you two is a Saboteur." It caused so much havoc. Hilarious.
From now all, every treasure card are now checked at least twice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A suggestion:

Before starting a round, you can discard 3 map cards. In this way there are fewer opportunities to check the location of the Gold. It might increase the bluffing element in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frederic Moyersoen wrote:
A suggestion:

Before starting a round, you can discard 3 map cards. In this way there are fewer opportunities to check the location of the Gold. It might increase the bluffing element in the game.

...and increase the guess work needed to find the gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.