1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Mare Nostrum: Empires» Forums » General

Subject: European backers - the story so far rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the game is being shipped to US backers, the ship for the english European copies is scheduled to leave port this week. However the status of the non-english copies is unknown hence this thread.

KS Update May 6th, 2016

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617871702/mare-nostrum-...

Quote:

I have been told that the container ship with the French, German, Italian, Polish, and Spanish language games is leaving port on May 9th. Asyncron Games has all non-English language games details and I will try to get the ship name for these also.

Obviously this was not the case.

KS Update May 26th, 2016

Quote:

German, Italian, Polish and Spanish Games
I have been told that the German, Italian, Polish and Spanish language games will ship within the next three weeks to France and then to their respective countries. Asyncron Games will supply us the ship name and I will post it here, so that it can be tracked.

Also did not happen, no ship name was provided.

KS Update June 5th, 2016

Quote:

Non-English language games

I have requested that Asyncron update us immediately with all non-English language game shipment information. I will post this information as soon as we receive it.

KS Update June 13th, 2016

Quote:

English Language European Shipment

The container of English language games bound for Europe was to ship on June 2nd. But port delays and then the Dragon Boat Festival pushed this off until June 16th. The container is at port and will be loaded onto the ship CMA CGM AQUILA, which is sailing under the flag of the United Kingdom.

(..)

I still have no definite date on when the other language games will be shipped, but will post all information given to me by the other language publishers.

No update has been given and according to Uwe Eickert (Acadamy Games) he can not get any clear information from Asyncron Games

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/22894082#22894082

uweeickert wrote:
We are also trying to get exact shipping information for foreign language games and will post it on the Kickstarter page. I am very sorry about the lack of information, but we cannot get any clear details either. We have the Worldwide English language rights to Mare Nostrum, but the printing of the game is all controlled by the French.

The difficulty of communication with Asyncron Games was also stated by Schwerkraft-Verlag (the german distributor) on facebook:

Schwerkraft-Verlag wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/SchwerkraftVerlag/posts/11914703575...

Wir sind ein Lizenznehmer von Asyncron, die uns leider nicht zuverlässig mit Informationen versorgen

I think the spanish distributor can also not reach Asyncron Games but i leave that to a fellow spanish backer to fill in. Edit: See here

Update on Facebook from Schwerkraft, June 17th

https://www.facebook.com/SchwerkraftVerlag/posts/11970718203...

Quote:

Vor 15 Minuten haben wir mit einem Einzeiler aus Frankreich erfahren, dass es eine erneute Verzögerung bei Mare Nostrum gibt. Es wurde keine Begründung mitgeliefert. Alle Mails mit Fragen bzgl. ungeklärter Details bleiben unbeantwortet. Hier der exakte Wortlaut von vorhin:
"The games will be ready to ship by the end of the next week."
Wir sind sprachlos! Es tut uns so leid. Eine Auslieferung noch im Juli ist jetzt ausgeschlossen.

Update on Facebook from Schwerkraft, June 28th

https://www.facebook.com/SchwerkraftVerlag/posts/12048955862...

Quote:

(Für die tapferen Mare Nostrum Backer die gewohnt schlechte "Nachricht der Woche". ***Galgenhumor***)
Gerade Mail aus Frankreich gekommen (nachdem alle Euro-Partner wiederholt um eine Auskunft gebettelt haben):
"The LUDWIGSHAFEN EXPRESS will leave China the 11th of july. It will reach Antwerpen the 11th of august. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible to have a date for the end june even if the games are ready to ship since the 22th of june. - Olivier Chanry"

Das ist beschämend!
Sorry

KS Update July, 5th

Quote:

French language games: ASYNCRON games has started to prepare the packets. The packets will be sent on June 28th for all backers excepting those who have chosen the Resource chips. Those backers will received their game and add-ons in mid-July.

Spanish, Italian, Polish and German language games: The production is over. Shipment has been arranged. The container will leave the Chinese port on within the next two weeks (Uwe's Note: I was told that I will be given the exact ship date as soon as Asyncron is given the container ship details). It will arrive in the port of Antwerp one month later. Then, Asyncron's European partners will let you know the details of your pledge's delivery.

Update on Facebook from Schwerkraft, August 31st

https://www.facebook.com/SchwerkraftVerlag/posts/12562428944...

Quote:
Some news from Schwerkraft-Verlag for the german version:
- The games will be there on Thursday but the giant map is missing. The giant map will be there in the middle of October (hopefully).
- Half of the building packages will be missing. Academy and Asyncron blame the other one.
- They billed the Schwerkraft-Verlag for english versions of 1775 (was possible to get this as an addon) although Schwerkraft-Verlag already sent german versions to the german backers.

Edit: included June 13th Update
Edit: included Update from Schwerkraft, June 17th
Edit: included Update from Schwerkraft, June 28th
Edit: included July 5th update
Edit: included August 31st update from Schwerkraft, thanks ZdadrDeM for the summary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a game that was originally dure in November last year, there is still very little for us European backers to look forward to.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Jørgensen
Denmark
Glostrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you complaining or just listing the current status?

In case of a current status, it seems that you are missing the lastest update (#37) from yesterday (June 13th).

Kickstarter Update #37 wrote:
English Language European Shipment

The container of English language games bound for Europe was to ship on June 2nd. But port delays and then the Dragon Boat Festival pushed this off until June 16th. The container is at port and will be loaded onto the ship CMA CGM AQUILA, which is sailing under the flag of the United Kingdom.

If you are complaining, then this section seems to confirm the lack of information, but I must admit that I can't figure out if the problem is located at Academy or Asyncron.

Kickstarter Update #37 wrote:
I still have no definite date on when the other language games will be shipped, but will post all information given to me by the other language publishers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The updates while printing were exactly the same. "It's ready then." "It's ready next week." etc. As Asyncron was responsible 100% for printing, they are doing exactly the same thing now.

What they are doing during this campaign is extremly unprofessional and incompetent as well. (And this is a generous description of their update policy during this campaign).
My best guess is that they are not shipping the other european copies because they are still not done with printing. For those people in whose eyes publishers can do no wrong: This is purely speculation on my part.

And in case they actually are done with printing, they clearly do not care one bit about any backers other than the French. The fact that the only mildly accurate updates are being sent to French backers supports that.

I guess the licensing contract with the european publishers must be an entertaining read.

Edit: Jesper - your quote says nothing about other european copies, which is what the op is listing updates about, see first sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jspjoerg wrote:

In case of a current status, it seems that you are missing the lastest update (#37) from yesterday (June 13th).

I did not miss that update, i did not quote it but i mentioned in the first sentence that the european english games are scheduled to ship this week, the quotes are the story of the non-english versions. But i will include the update to avoid further confusion.

Quote:

If you are complaining, then this section seems to confirm the lack of information, but I must admit that I can't figure out if the problem is located at Academy or Asyncron.

Currently all blame is shifted to Asynchron - if this is true or not i can not say. And this thread is supposed to be both, a status and a complaint. Because if Acadamy Games and others state they can not reach Asynchron then i am more than a little worried if we will even receive the game at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres
Spain
Palafrugell
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelteel wrote:

I think the spanish distributor can also not reach Asynchron Games but i leave that to a fellow spanish backer to fill in

Mas que Oca (Spanish editor) also blamed Asyncron for lack of communication. Mas que Oca stated that their responsibility was translation and adapt the translated text into the game. They also performed some corrections in rules etc.

They told us that they didn't dare to contact the Spanish backers before, because they didn't have any kind of information about game production status and delivery date. In the same e-mail (and as stated in a previous post about Class C backers), Mas que Oca told us that the expected delivery date was late august-september. I though this information was reliable. They even provided some details e.g. Spanish games will come in the third container (with German, Italian and Polish games). In Spanish forums, a reliable source told that resource chips will come in the second container with games in French.

The problem is, no other partner (not even official Kickstater Updates) was able to confirm this information.

So I'm doubtful again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
Ulm
Ba-Wü
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it at least confirmed, that Asynchron still exists and has not gone bankrupt already?

Not giving any updates or other information is usually no good sign...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas DEMILLY
France
flag msg tools
I'm French and I can confirm that Asyncron still exists, as far as I know.

We (French backers) received some information about shipment: there are two ships for French backers: the first for the people who just pledged the game and the second one for those who took add-ons.

For the first people, they would be delivered in June whereas the others will be in July.

I think (but I can't confirm) that the second ship also contains the games for Germany, Spain and so ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kissling
Switzerland
Olten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chni wrote:
I'm French and I can confirm that Asyncron still exists, as far as I know.

We (French backers) received some information about shipment: there are two ships for French backers: the first for the people who just pledged the game and the second one for those who took add-ons.

For the first people, they would be delivered in June whereas the others will be in July.

I think (but I can't confirm) that the second ship also contains the games for Germany, Spain and so ones

I dont think so. In the laSt french newsletter they speak of a 'troisième convoi' That contains the non-french european games. So they speak of a third convoi, a ship I would say. Or did they organize a caravan?
So there is a third ship that hasn't even taken off...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lau
Germany
Glinde
flag msg tools
Just for info:

CMA CGM Aquila will arrive at Felixstowe on 23.07.16 as per current schedule. Suggest to follow the voyage on marine traffic.

Will keep an eye on that vessel !

(I am working for a shipping company having a share on this vessel/service)

Nevertheless, this delay is ridiculous

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kissling
Switzerland
Olten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So this is the above mentioned third convoi?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonas21 wrote:
So this is the above mentioned third convoi?

The CMA CGM Aquila is the ship carrying the english language games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelteel wrote:
[...] that the european english games are scheduled to ship this week, [...]

Well, we will see... My hopes are very low already... All I did after reading this update was snorting with laughter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is late summer if at all ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:
Kelteel wrote:
[...] that the european english games are scheduled to ship this week, [...]

Well, we will see... My hopes are very low already... All I did after reading this update was snorting with laughter.

It's really beyond my understanding that the exactly same game (including poker chips) is already delivered to US backers and being played right now - while the ship with English copies for Europe hasn't even left the Chinese port yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To frustrate us 2nd class european backers even more is that you can bet your bottom dollar that copies will be sold at Origins game fair to non backers as well.

The other kick to the gonads is that on the kickstarter page has a huge EU friendly section , maybe they should change that to American friendly only !!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jace_Ace wrote:
To frustrate us 2nd class european backers even more is that you can bet your bottom dollar that copies will be sold at Origins game fair to non backers as well.

The other kick to the gonads is that on the kickstarter page has a huge EU friendly section , maybe they should change that to American friendly only !!!!!

I hope, we will see our english copies before autumn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Bauer
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
one thing is for sure: I will take Asyncron involvement in any future campaign as a big red flag against backing. Their behaviour is completely unprofessional and leaves their partners - Academy Games and the other translators/distributors - and us backers completely out in the rain. I can live with delays and accept that production runs are on different times and so ships will go out on different times - all that is nothung new. But a total lack of communication with anyone involved is inacceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGargoyle wrote:
one thing is for sure: I will take Asyncron involvement in any future campaign as a big red flag against backing.

Obviously i will never go near an Asyncron Game again, but the others do also not get a clean slate either. Acadamy Games was in charge of the Kickstarter and most of the details that are currently revealed were not known before. Also their treatment of the backers they feel responsible for is substandard.
And the same is true for Schwerkraft, by being part of this kickstarter i expected them to have some control. The way i see it, shifting all blame to Asyncron is just a cheap way out for all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Carsten from Schwerkraft-Verlag received a message from France. They didn't answer any of his questions and just replied with one line:
He is sorry and very upset, there will be no games in July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, i added the posting to the overview.

Seems to be a lot of fun working with Asyncron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:

We will see..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:

Polish publisher provided us a similar info today - said that according to Asyncron games will leave China by the end of the next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Academy games is responsible for the campaign and screwing this up also, their information policy is very bad.

On top of this they are selling the game from their website, including all stretch goals, that seems to include the kickstarter exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dag Roth
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
Academy games is responsible for the campaign and screwing this up also, their information policy is very bad.

On top of this they are selling the game from their website, including all stretch goals, that seems to include the kickstarter exclusives.

Looks like it, which again is kind of a slap in the face, as some of the things you got from backing were labeled as "KS exclusive". To be fair though, it costs more buying it now from their website (75 $ for the base game instead of 60 $ during the campaign). So far I've seen it being the other way around several times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.