Subject: Chalk one up for yellow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Grutz
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not one to usually write up session reports. However, for some reason I feel almost obligated to write one for Britannia, primarily to share the stats. In our group of four, I was the only one who had played before (and that was only once). So needless to say there were a number of tactical and strategic mistakes, but I feel pretty confident that we played by the rules. Also, all of us had a blast playing and I think it will be played often in the future.

In the end, yellow and blue fought it out for the victory, with the Norwegians helping to give yellow the victory and Harald Hardrada was crowned King of Britannia in round XVI. The point totals are below. Again, since it was only my second game, I'm not sure who was extremely low or high.

YELLOW

Romans -- 125
Romano-British-- 20
Dubliners--20
Scots--40
Norwegians--46
TOTAL--251

BLUE
Belgae--26
Picts--70
Angles--102
Normans--32
TOTAL--230

GREEN
Welsh--93
Caledonians--26
Jutes--14
Danes--80
TOTAL--213

RED
Brigantes--41
Saxons--68
Irish--30
Norsemen--42
TOTAL--181

Just by glancing at the scores, I think it was the Saxon's poor showing that did Red in. Anyway, good game and I'm looking forward to getting it on the table again soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Braund
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks like a pretty strong Yellow showing, but Yellow success still depends on the other players not out-doing them. I've seen a game recently with a similar Yellow score, but Blue steaming right past.

It's important the Saxons build a platform carefully. I think some players think their Saxons are invulnerable, and are somehow like the Romans. I still think the Saxons are a little brittle and should be handled with care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.