Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Brennan
United States
Morris Plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone had any experience asking Rio Grande above replacement cards (I lost a Treasury.) I sent them an email a few days ago, and I'm willing to allow for time to respond, but in case they don't, I need to find another source (other than buying another Seaside.)

I know that some cards are available on e-bay or other sources; as it happens, Treasury is not.

Alternatively, does anyone have a spare Treasury card?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this do?

https://www.google.com/search?q=buy+treasury+card+from+seasi...

Wouldn't statistically it simply be stuck in with another card in your deck vs. truly being lost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayb3369 wrote:
Has anyone had any experience asking Rio Grande above replacement cards (I lost a Treasury.) I sent them an email a few days ago, and I'm willing to allow for time to respond, but in case they don't, I need to find another source (other than buying another Seaside.)

I know that some cards are available on e-bay or other sources; as it happens, Treasury is not.

Alternatively, does anyone have a spare Treasury card?

Thanks

Jay is usually pretty good about getting back to people (or so I've heard). This week is Origins, so maybe he's busy with that. I don't know if he's coming to Columbus or not. I advise patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes, thought, the only response you get is the replacement part in a timely fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador C. Majoral
Andorra
Argentona, Barcelona
flag msg tools
I guess one of the intended uses of blank cards is to replace lost cards (apart from making up your own cards), isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Brennan
United States
Morris Plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of that too...the OCD in me made me count every single card in all sets in case that's where the card ended up....no such luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayb3369 wrote:
I thought of that too...the OCD in me made me count every single card in all sets in case that's where the card ended up....no such luck.

That actually happened to me. I got a copy of Dark Ages that was "known" to be missing a Cultist. When I got it home and sorted through the cards, I found the Cultist hiding in some other stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Lar
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been missing a Gold card for almost 3 years. I swapped out cards periodically and counted everything (all sets) over and over. About a month ago I swapped again and wile counting the Gold cards the missing Gold was "found" again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had that problem too, at one point I just inventoried everything, all 10 sets. Not to dismiss OP's pain, I feel it. Enough to inventory 10 sets. Every Card.

That aren't even mine! My partner has entrusted the complete set to my house as it was easier/safer than carrying them about. Besides he only plays online. So, yeah, now I can't really break up with him right?

I'd also have to give up complete TTR, Kingdom Builder and Arkham Horror. Maybe that is part of his evil plan - entrapping me with cardboard. If that is the case - HELP ME!

Actually we didn't game for the first year of our relationship. I think he was afraid. Or was it part of his plan?

But seriously, it was the least I could do for him letting me have access to $500+ of games, I can take care of them properly. That only seems fair. And soothes my OCD. And CYA in terms of knowing precise game status. There were a couple of coppers never to be found.

I also inventoried the AH's sets, EVERY expansion was merged. It took me a week of evenings and TBH I had a very nice time. Only a geek would understand. Now it is bagged much nicer than I found it. I like to make things better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Brennan
United States
Morris Plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. That's what I did. Counted every card from the base set and every expansion. Even Empires, which I just unwrapped less than a week ago.

As it turns on, I am missing a Treasury and an Island. Happily they are both from Seaside, so if I don't hear from RGG, I will only have to buy one set to replace two cards. For now I am making due with the Randomizer cards, back color be damned. Oddly, I am less upset about Island, because it's not a card I buy much when it's in play, but Treasury is a good card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayb3369 wrote:
I am missing a Treasury and an Island.
For just one card of each, I would either write on a blank card, or print a proxy on thin label stock and stick it to a blank card. You can put those on the bottom, and if the pile empties, it will be close to the end of the game. And if you play 2-player (which I do a lot), 4 Island cards stay in the box anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Brennan
United States
Morris Plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whizkid wrote:
jayb3369 wrote:
For just one card of each, I would either write on a blank card, or print a proxy on thin label stock and stick it to a blank card. You can put those on the bottom, and if the pile empties, it will be close to the end of the game. And if you play 2-player (which I do a lot), 4 Island cards stay in the box anyway.

My OCD does not permit that. It would drive me crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
For Island, you can just rely on somebody setting one aside before the pile is emptied.

Stack up the 11 Islands, tuck randomizer underneath at right angles. First time somebody sets an Island aside, give them the randomizer and return their Island to the pile.

Of all the piles you could have been missing a card from, Island and Hireling are probably the least problematic. (-8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayb3369 wrote:
Whizkid wrote:
jayb3369 wrote:

My OCD does not permit that. It would drive me crazy.
I feel for you, man.

I've had great luck buying single card sets (like Treasury) from eBay. But if your OCD is extreme, it's possible the printing may be slightly off color from the rest of the expansion. Maybe I should not have mentioned that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Brennan
United States
Morris Plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, RGG got back to me yesterday and is sending me a new Island card for $4.50. Not sure if it's one card for $4.50 or a set of 13 (12 cards plus the randomizer.) Very happy with the quick response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
jayb3369 wrote:
Well, RGG got back to me yesterday and is sending me a new Island card for $4.50. Not sure if it's one card for $4.50 or a set of 13 (12 cards plus the randomizer.) Very happy with the quick response.

If you told them 1, I bet they are sending 1. That way they can provide 10x more customers with replacements if necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayb3369 wrote:

yay! now the world is whole again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.