Here is my 32pt single ship build for my local Tournament in a couple of weeks:

ATTACK SHUTTLE 20pts
Ezra Bridger

ELUSIVENESS 2pts
ION CANNON TURRET 5pts
SABINE WREN 2pts
THERMAL DETONATORS 3pts
Total: 32pts

This is a build where you let the opponent come to you. When close enough, hit them with the ION CANNON TURRET to disable them, then get your ATTACK SHUTTLE into a position where you can set your THERMAL DETONATORS in their (↑ 1 Move) flight path, there they will take automatic 2 damage (THERMAL DETONATORS and SABINE WREN) and a stress token + your ION CANNON TURRET has already dished out another 1 damage from the previous successful roll.
Where the ION CANNON TURRET fails to damage the opponent, keep your distance, but use your barrel roll action to stay close to the opponent, and paerhaps even avoid their firing arc.
ELUSIVENESS plus Ezra's game text (When defending, if you are stressed, you may change up to 2 of your [focus] results to [evade] results.) gives you a good defence strategy. Just remember to keep executing green maneuvers each turn in order to use ELUSIVENESS where possible, and the stress token gained from that card allows you to use Ezra's game text.
Where the opponent's ship is not in your firing arc, the ION CANNON TURRET comes in handy as it gives you a chance to slow them down and get you in a good position to attack them.

Can you please tell me the pro's and con's (any oversights I may have missed) of this build and wether I should change anything or is this (as I believe) a pretty solid build? I've played several games with this build, and as long as I can "keep my distance, but not look like I'm keeping my distance" from the opponent's firing arc, I've got a pretty deadly build. It's only weakness is 4 damage and it's dead, so you very much need cat and mouse tactics to avoid taking precious damage. I like to head straight for the nearest obstacle where the opponent's ship can't target me and then swing around behind them, firing my primary weapon whenever I have then opportunity - a chance at 3 damage from the primary weapon is better than 1 damage from an ION CANNON TURRET right? I've even had ships come at me head on with weapon value 4 (either standard, or through enhancements) roll 4 hits, which should effectively take me down, but using ELUSIVENESS I've saved by butt in combination with Ezra's game text many times to convert that 4 damage into just 1 damage. Don't get me wrong though, I don't think this build is invincible at all, I have played a couple of games where I've been caught off guard and my ship has only lasted a couple of turns - but that's the beauty of X-Wing, no ship, no matter how prepared, is a God on the tabletop!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could make your ship even harder to kill by swapping out Sabine and the bomb for Chewbacca. That would leave you a point to upgrade elusiveness to push the limit or the ion cannon turret to twin laser turret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
32 points is enough to buy a decent Scum large ship. It will take two ion tokens to have any effect and you aren't going to do a lot of damage with your turret.

Trandoshan Slaver — YV-666 29
Outlaw Tech 2
4-LOM 1
(or K4 Security Droid, 3 points)
Ship Total: 32

Contracted Scout — JumpMaster 5000 25
Deadeye 1
Plasma Torpedoes 3
Extra Munitions 2
Overclocked R4 1
Guidance Chips 0
Ship Total: 32

Alternatively, you could be up against an elite Imperial pilot that you can't hit (Omega Leader or Inquisitor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Castles
Australia
flag msg tools
I should have mentioned, my local store tournament is for small ships only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.