Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Linio Shay
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

So I bought the game.
And I played the game.

I like it, but we ended up pushing the points limit to 20 playing with 4 players, because the 12 points limit gave very short games.

Are we not playing the right way? We played with the dragon that forbids creature under level 3 to attack him, and with him ranking 4 points, with the spell that gives +2 points on a scoring warriors, the game would have been over very quickly.

(Also the dragon seems a little bit OP...).

Any thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe?

Once you add expansions it can slow down. We ended up calling one game due to a combo that drug it out so long. I've NEVER seen that happen before.

Are you allowing more than one buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the advanced rules. You have to cull the die you score. Base rules suck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not alone. We started increasing the game total as well, because the game felt that just as you were starting to build your strategy, the game was over.

Culling dice scored is an option, and it does make an interesting game, but I will admit, sometimes I hate seeing the dice I gathered being a one time use. Hard to build a strategy this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linio Shay
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I saw the culling part, but it felt kinda "meh".

I played another game yesterday, two player, the length was ok with 20 Points, but there was still OP stuff. Like the dragon. 1 quiddity for a dragon that cannot be attacked by creatures under level 3 is "wow". So was the Ooze... Well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.