Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hiatt
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other day I played my first game. The Imperials were bearing down on my base. I didn't play rapid mobilization because I thought that I couldn't because I had all ground units there and nothing there with transport capacity.

So my questions would be can I play Rapid Mobilization even though I do not have transports at the rebel base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes. When you move the base with RM, any units in the base space are moved to the old system when it is revealed during the moving process. They stay there and do not move to the new base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The units at the base will not move anyway, even when you relocate the base: they go onto the bases's system on the board.

To get more units at the new base's space, you need either further Rapid Mobilisations, Hidden Fleet etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
To get more units at the new base's space, you need either further Rapid Mobilisations, Hidden Fleet etc.

Hidden Fleet moves units from the base space to a system without Imperial units. RM is the only way to move units TO the base space without activating it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Vensko
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
TwoShedsJackson wrote:

Hidden Fleet moves units from the base space to a system without Imperial units. RM is the only way to move units TO the base space without activating it.

It's why it allows to move all the unit prior to moving the base, the same turn. You just need to know the system. But you can know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
VDmitry wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
TwoShedsJackson wrote:

It's why it allows to move all the unit prior to moving the base, the same turn. You just need to know the system. But you can know.

Man...I mean...it's POSSIBLE, but it would be so rare. The rebels would have to assign Plant False Lead, Hidden Fleet, and RM in the same turn. Even then, I'm not sure it would be the best idea. Hidden Fleet could move units to the future base system, but to get them into the base space, you'd have to activate it...which is a huge tip-off as to its location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Barry
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You definitely can also do something to the effect of RM this turn. Then Hidden fleet and RM next turn (as long as you know how many cards are left in the deck) - This can be extremely effective I have found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weiss
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
VDmitry wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
TwoShedsJackson wrote:

Man...I mean...it's POSSIBLE, but it would be so rare. The rebels would have to assign Plant False Lead, Hidden Fleet, and RM in the same turn. Even then, I'm not sure it would be the best idea. Hidden Fleet could move units to the future base system, but to get them into the base space, you'd have to activate it...which is a huge tip-off as to its location.

A huge tip-off yes...unless you didn't put your base there. Then it's a red herring used to lure the enemy away from your new base.

False leads, hidden fleet to one of those locations, move the base to a different location. And after a turn or two of the Imps mobilizing to hit the new obvious base, you RM them back to the actual base(hopefully located on the opposite side of the galaxy).

Also, you can use RM earlier in the game to sink 4 cards to the bottom of the deck and you don't even need False Leads if you can tap into those 4 cards with your RM.

If they used intercept transmissions recently, you should have a fair idea of what you might be drawing.

Instead of hidden fleet, there is also the one that allows you to move ships only to a location with Imp ships...so if any of the known systems that you will be drawing from only have space units, you can include this as a way to misdirect the enemy.

I pulled off a double misdirect one game and stuck my base in a third location. They figured it had to be an either/or type situation so only worried about the two I moved forces to.

Obviously it's not something you can depend on to happen every game, but I tend to hold onto certain cards if I see myself needing them to pull of a big play in a turn or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Private Blinky
msg tools
jeffhiatt wrote:
The other day I played my first game. The Imperials were bearing down on my base. I didn't play rapid mobilization because I thought that I couldn't because I had all ground units there and nothing there with transport capacity.

So my questions would be can I play Rapid Mobilization even though I do not have transports at the rebel base?

In the interest to elaborate and clear up any remaining confusion from any other readers regarding transporting and the Rebel base under some of the other circumstances mentioned (and this may not necessarily be yourselves):

Any ground units leaving the Rebel Base via 'Hidden Fleet' or moving to the Rebel Base space via Rapid Mob.'s first listed ability DOES require a transport-capable ship in the initial location in order to carry the ground units to or away from the base. And the additional restriction for RM's first option is as usual: you cannot move any units from a system to the Rebel Base gamespace if the system already has a Rebel leader present, since they are 'pinning' your units from moving. The HF mission does explicitly state the pinning leaders restriction is lifted for that mission alone when it is resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.