Has anyone played through a game using Lockdown mode yet? I just gave the rules a quick once through last night and have a few questions. Unfortunately, I don't have the rules in front of me right now so I may not have ALL the details correct.
1) This mode is limited to 5 of each SecFor, correct? In the component list of what is needed it lists the Lockdown figures (five of each SecFor) but also lists that from the RECON box the MERCS and SecFor miniatures are needed...I am assuming just the MERCS are needed since the SecFor are limited...
2) One of the Defeat conditions is Placement of the 7th MERC. I am assuming this is a current count of MERCS on the board and not the 7th MERC counting MERC casualties...
3) I tried to set up the deck and it seems the card count doesn't come out right when you go to divide the deck into 4 stacks of 5...I had 18 cards in my deck at this point instead of 20...I am sure I did this correctly...it isn't that great of a deal and should work anyway...
4) In the phases section it mentions a rally/momentum phase (or some such)...was this just renamed 'Forefront phase'?!
I think that is it for the moment...
Thanks for any help!
I am really looking forward to giving Lockdown a try.
It's been confusion from the word go!
I was wondering if anyone had tried it yet too. From one of the videos MCG put up, I think it looks pretty interesting.
If you try it out Tim, let us know how it goes.
- Last edited Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:49 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:47 pm
No answers. Same question regarding the Lockdown Deck. 45 cards to start. 26 are locations, 14 are special room cards, and five (5) are reinforcement cards.
You select one special room card and place the rest back in the box. Now you have 32 cards To distribute.
You set aside the 5 reinforcement cards and one each of the R&D, Operations, Conference Room, Receiving, and Stairs cards for a total of ten (10) You now have 22 cards to distribute.
You draw four cards off the deck as potential starting locations for MERCS. You now have 18 cards to distribute.
Then the rules state:"Take the remaining deck and create four stacks of 5 cards (locations that were removed stay removed). Place one of the four reinforcement cards in the middle of each of the stacks. Create by [sic] the final Lockdown deck by combining each of these six card decks together any way the players wish."
Wow. Lots wrong here:
1. Four times five is twenty, and you only have 18 cards.
2. You can't place a card "in the middle" of a five-card stack.
3. There are five reinforcement cards, not four.
4. Are they "six card decks," or "six-card decks"?
Thoughts? I know what they are trying to accomplish, but the rules (as they are in several cases) are just a mess.