Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all! I work with a local game publisher in Denver Colorado and we are hoping to build a group of open minded folks to help us play test our games. I say opened minded because games you test will not be finished products and would be in late Alpha early Beta. If you would be up for this let me know, we would be looking at using Local Game stores or Malls for people to meet at and we would be happy to supply pizza for those who help out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like an interesting offer.

Can you give us more details? What type of games? What part of Denver? What days of the week?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there is a play test group that test in Arvada. They use to play at the Whittier Community Center but moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure can! We create games of all styles really we are in the process of our first game a deck builder with dice based combat being printed now. Other games we have that will require testing is a push your luck dice game where you are hunting for bigfoot. A bluffing hidden placement game where you play crooked undertakers trying to make the most money. We are in the process of working on a dungeon crawl game and a worker placement merchant game. We really do all kinds and we hope to bring several each time we need testing, we did this on our first game and got amazing feed back and wanted to do something on a more permanent basis.

As for what parts of Denver, we have zero issue traveling to where a group of folks are who can test. That said we have met up with people at game stores like Collectormaina, Denver Central Games, Total Escape games and even the Highlands Meadow Ranch Food court. Our hope is to build up a large group and setup testing locations/times that would allow at least 4 or 5 people to attend to play the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann Albright
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Count me in! Send me a PM and I'll get you my email address. I have a kind of weird schedule, so I can't guarantee availability at regular dates/times, but I'd love to get involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
any interested parties can use our Guild as well

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/2648

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Tate
msg tools
mbmbmb
I know it's a bit of a drive, but if you are willing to come down to Pueblo, to Chaos Games and More, I could find you a group of playtesters.

Also you might want to look at having a presence at Tacticon in September, if you haven't already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We indeed plan on being at Tacticon in their Unpublished area to show off our games. Getting to Pueblo on a weekend would be very doable, we could easily combine it with a stop off in the Springs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sus
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
"Remember this: Nothing is written in the stars. Not these stars, nor any others. No one controls your destiny." - Gregory Maguire, Wicked
mbmbmbmbmb
Joined guild. Will also be at tacticon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be worth checking out this Meetup group: http://www.meetup.com/Front-Range-Tabletop-Playtesters/ . Mostly amateur designers like myself, but there are a few professionals as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwian wrote:
Might be worth checking out this Meetup group: http://www.meetup.com/Front-Range-Tabletop-Playtesters/ . Mostly amateur designers like myself, but there are a few professionals as well.

I will indeed check them out! And I think you could still call me an amateur as well, only have 1 game published so far :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,
You KNOW to include me if you run any play tests in the Springs!

- Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have you on E-mail Speed Dial good sir :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Shearer
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
My group is out in Thornton off of 120th. I've been trying to get us play testing more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! We are looking at having 3 new games ready for testing Mid-month, I will start contacting people with dates and times. Also groups like the one in Thornton are prefect! They allow us to get a good amount of data.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So quick note we will be at Total Escape Games on July 27th at 6PM and are looking for beta testers. The game is Hunting Sasquatch and is a dice rolling press your luck game. Thinks Mars Attacks meets Elder Sign and you have a good starting platform, if you are interested drop in and give it a spin. We are looking for your feed back on game play, play time, interest or enjoyment level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, all. Just an FYI. SpyGlass will be at The Rogue's Roost on Saturday, 8/13 Beta Testing their new game, Hunting Sasquatch. They should be there from 3pm - 10pm, if you are up North and want to stop by for a quick play test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.