Subject: Idle amusement. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was over in Washington DC last weekend and went to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. I saw that they had a panzershreck in one of the display cabinets so I took a picture of it.

http://www.box.net/shared/hx61g0uyxo

Not really important but hey, I thought it might help pass the time before ToI ...

[It's an awesome museum if you ever get the chance to see it.]

RFC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
How disappointing. I went to the link fully expecting to see a big green ogre in a German tank. But's just some kind of gun! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean Shrek in a Panzer?

Yeah its a great museum. One day I'm going to go back. Nice picture!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have opened a second National Air and Space museum out near Dullas International Airport and moved a lot of the larger stuff out there - the SR-71 Blackbird, the Enola Gay, the Space Shuttle, a Concorde (yep its housed in a BIG hangar - or two). That's where I found the panzershreck. The one in the center of DC still has masses of interesting stuff such as the actual Gemini, Mercury and Apollo command modules, an real Appolo moon lander, lots of rockets, skylab, WWII fighters, WWI fighters, Space Ship 1, etc, etc).

I was reading on Wikipedia that the first version of the panzerschreck did not have the blast shield and so the gunner had to wear a full-body blast-suit and full-face gas mask. Crikey!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhereAreTheBlackDice wrote:

I was reading on Wikipedia that the first version of the panzerschreck did not have the blast shield and so the gunner had to wear a full-body blast-suit and full-face gas mask. Crikey!

blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.