7 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Release date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
So the release is going to be sometime between the first and third weeks of August, judging by the con schedule and my LCS.

I really want to get a release event going at my LCS.
Is there any word on the official release date?

Why do gaming companies always play this so close to the chest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:

Because board game manufacturing is notoriously unreliable and people get incredibly (unreasonably, in my opinion) angry when release dates are missed.

Basically they want to sell it as soon as it is manufactured, so they can't overestimate. But they can't accurately predict how long manufacturing will take, so they can't underestimate. The only way to get it right is to wait for it to be almost complete and then give a more reliable date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
John1701 wrote:

Because board game manufacturing is notoriously unreliable and people get incredibly (unreasonably, in my opinion) angry when release dates are missed.

Basically they want to sell it as soon as it is manufactured, so they can't overestimate. But they can't accurately predict how long manufacturing will take, so they can't underestimate. The only way to get it right is to wait for it to be almost complete and then give a more reliable date.

That is very true, you can have what you think is a rock solid schedule and one manufacturing snafu can throw it completely out of whack. Or have a shipping problem at the dock that holds your product up even though its ready to go. It happens a lot sadly.

I preordered it last week from CoolStuffInc so to be sure to get the first printing for the bonus cards. And will just forget about it until I get a surprise box in the mail!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sirron Young
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious where one can pre-order a copy of the game in Canada....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked a LGS owner and he said 8/2/16.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:

The "Kickstarter Kerfuffle". LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chung Chan
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nla_game wrote:
I'm just curious where one can pre-order a copy of the game in Canada....

Canadian site: www.boardgamebliss.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.