Popular Tags: [View All]
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hunters

The Engineer:
System Restart
Once per game, you may announce a system restart. During this turn to the end of the agent’s next turn, no objectives can be activated.
Firewalls
As long as you are within 2 spaces of an objective. The agent must make a roll of 3+ to activate it.
Hack
Instead of moving, if you are adjacent to an empty objective location, you may roll a die. If you roll the specified die face on the empty location, move the corresponding objective token to that space. May only be used on objectives not yet activated.

The Teleporter:
I-Teleport
Instead of moving, place your Hunter adjacent to another Hunter of your choice, or next to the vehicle.
You-Teleport
Instead of moving, place a Hunter that’s adjacent to you next to another Hunter of your choice, or next to the vehicle.
Close Enough
If you end your movement 1 space away from the agent and are in line of sight, instead you may choose to place your Hunter on the agent’s space.

The Phaser:
Particle Dissipation
You may move through walls when moving. If you do so however, you may not attack this turn. You may not end on a wall.
Particle Destruction
Instead of moving, you may place a space token on any wall on the board. That space of the wall is no longer considered a wall for this turn, but Hunters cannot end their turns on that space.
Particle Construction
Instead of moving, you may place 3 1 by 1 wall tokens on any space that is not a road. Those two spaces are considered a wall for this turn and may not be moved through.

The Manager:
State Of The Art Vehicle
The vehicle gets 13 points of movement instead of 10.
Move Command
Instead of moving, if another Hunter is within line of sight of you, you may have them make a free move of 2 spaces.
Interact Command
Instead of moving, if another Hunter is within line of sight of you, you may have them use one of their character’s abilities.

Agents

Chameleon:
Shifter
You may use any class specific item card with Chameleon.
Camouflage
If you moved 1 or less spaces this turn, Hunters will only have line of sight of you this turn if they are within 2 spaces of you.
Chameleon has no Item Card

Twins: (2 agents)
I Feel You
Divide the total health between both agents (i.e. 6 HP = 3 HP per agent).
Each agent gets 3 points of movement.
Which One Are We
Whenever one of the Twins take damage, swap places with both agents.
Sibling Knowledge
Whenever abilities ask for specification on the agent’s location, give the information for both agents.
Twin’s Item Card - Distraction
Reveal this card. During this turn, you only need to give information for one of the agents, place a last seen token within 2 spaces of one of your agents.

Wraith:
Faint Trace
Unless the Hunters are within 7 spaces of you, they do not have line of sight of you.
Wraith’s Item Card - No Trace
Don’t reveal this card. During this turn, you may not use Faint Trace. You do not need to place any last seen token this turn, instead specify which Hunter(s) saw you as you crossed their line of sight. Rotate this card 90* to specify that it has been used.

Trapper:
Set Trap
Instead of moving, you may place a trap token on your space. Mark it on your paper. If a Hunter walks across this space, they end their movement and are stunned. You ignore traps.
Trapper’s Item Card - Explosive Dummy
Don’t reveal this card. During this turn, before you move, mark a space within 2 spaces of your agent. If a Hunter comes in line of sight with that space, place your agent on that space. If a Hunter moves across that space or attacks the dummy, they end their movement and are stunned. If a Hunter comes in line of sight of you while the dummy is also visible on the board, or vice versa, remove the dummy and place your agent on the board. Rotate it 90* degrees to specify that it’s been used.

For the extra tokens that you'd need, it'd be best to simply cut out pieces of paper which take up those spaces.

Hope these characters sound good, let me know if you think any should be tweaked. I love judging honestly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Robinson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Some cool ideas here, but I have a question about the twins. Does the equipment get divided amongst the twins or do both twins work from the same set of cards (which makes less sense thematically but more sense for gameplay)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Astrobot7000 wrote:
Some cool ideas here, but I have a question about the twins. Does the equipment get divided amongst the twins or do both twins work from the same set of cards (which makes less sense thematically but more sense for gameplay)?

Since it's technically one agent (though you'll get 2 figures), you'll still get the three starting equipment to use as if you were using any other agent. You just have two agents to use a piece of equipment on now.

For instance, if you want to use Stealth Field, you'll have to pick one of the agents to use it on. And of course, if you think it should be otherwise, there is nothing stopping you from tweaking it as you see fit.

I have played a game with each of these characters though, and found it to be more or less the same feel on the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mellad khoshnood
United States
woodland hills
CA
flag msg tools
I love all of these, but I have a few questions.

For the phaser: can the 1x1 blocks be placed anywhere on the map or a certain distance from their current location?

Can you clarify the Tein ability: Which one are we? Is it that you can swap one figure for the other for damage mitigation? And further, do both need to be killed for the hunters to win or just one? Also, what are your thoughts on giving them another bonus of 1 additional equipment card?

Last one, can you clarify the explosive dummy Trapper ability? Does it explode if a hunter shoots it? Or does it stay on the board until a hunter lands on it and all damage taken from gun shots not counted?

Thanks for coming up with these awesome new characters. Should make for some awesome variety in the game. I've played it over 30 times now and it does get a smidge dull when you've seen just about everything the characters can do. Hint hint, hoping for an expansion soooooooooon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mmk18369 wrote:
I love all of these, but I have a few questions.

For the phaser: can the 1x1 blocks be placed anywhere on the map or a certain distance from their current location?

Can you clarify the Tein ability: Which one are we? Is it that you can swap one figure for the other for damage mitigation? And further, do both need to be killed for the hunters to win or just one? Also, what are your thoughts on giving them another bonus of 1 additional equipment card?

Last one, can you clarify the explosive dummy Trapper ability? Does it explode if a hunter shoots it? Or does it stay on the board until a hunter lands on it and all damage taken from gun shots not counted?

Thanks for coming up with these awesome new characters. Should make for some awesome variety in the game. I've played it over 30 times now and it does get a smidge dull when you've seen just about everything the characters can do. Hint hint, hoping for an expansion soooooooooon.

As like the other quote, I'll just move down the post starting with The Phaser.

Yes, you can place the wall tokens anywhere on the map, except roads.

For the twins, you are both of them, on your agent's turn, you move both of them 3 spaces or less individually, so you can in turn, activate 2 objectives in 1 turn, however the trade off is the divided health between the two. Whenever one of the twins suffers a damage, you swap their locations on the board. So if twin 1 took 1 damage, then it would be automatically swapped with twin 2 and vice versa. Since the hunters already have the added pressure of a second agent on the board, I would consider giving the agent an extra equipment card to be more of a handicap for a player who started playing for the first time.

For the explosive dummy trap, both. If the hunter moves through or lands on the space with the dummy, whether its visible or not, the dummy is removed and that hunter is stunned. If a hunter attacks the dummy and would give it a damage, the dummy is then removed instead and the hunter is stunned.

Thanks for coming up with the questions. Hope this clarified enough for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mellad khoshnood
United States
woodland hills
CA
flag msg tools
Thanks for the responses, definitely clarifies things.

I'm definitely going to give these a try the next time I play (which sadly won't be for a while, but I'll definitely report back).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.