1 , 2  Next »   | 

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Myth 2.0 upgrade rewards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not active here or on the dedicated Myth forum, so I hope someone can give me some insight. I pledged for the Myth 2.0 upgrade and got the rules and some cards a long time ago. It looks like the rest of the cards might not be in the current shipping wave.

Does anyone know the ETA for the rest of the 2.0 cards:
* Quest Expansion 1 (2.0)
* 2.0 Monster Card Deal
* Trickster 2.0 (CARDS ONLY)

Can I play without them? I was expecting that these cards would be released soon after the first batch, so I just left the game on the shelf. Can you mix the 2.0 and 1.0 resources?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None of that stuff will be released till the final wave. Wave 2 is just the boxed journeyman expansions + card sleeves.

You can download the 2.0 trickster deck, and the 2.0 version of the skeleton enemies is at the back of the Rise of the revenant PDF. The rest of the monsters should work ok without 2.0.

I wouldn't use the 1.0 quests at all. The two aren't very compatible any more. They even moved some of the quests around. Stick with the revised base game quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure about that Michelle? If so, I'm gonna be really pissed. I'll never support Megacon games again if they make us wait until end of the year for a few cards...especially when I was recently sent an email and asked to pay the remaining shipping for the rest of the cards and all.

Myth has/had so much potential, but I am losing faith in Megacon (enough to NOT back Journeyman except for the upgrade stuff).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take your Journeyman pledge off your hands if you don't want it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't back Journeyman, just the upgrade materials from the first run Captain's pledge. It is my daughter's game, she paid for it. She was, as was I, looking forward to starting back on it while she is on summer break but we both want to wait until we have all the cards updated as she likes the sandbox mode, setting up her own quests.

I've been waiting over a month just on a reply from MCG about getting an empty box to store all the extra figures and such. After a bunch of emails sent, I finally got a reply saying they got my message. That was it. Still no actual answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. Looks like Megacon plans to ship those things last, according to Michelle.

In the meantime, the game is very playable without those things and you can get really far with the 2.0 stuff they sent you months ago. Should last you until the rest arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
Are you sure about that Michelle? If so, I'm gonna be really pissed. I'll never support Megacon games again if they make us wait until end of the year for a few cards...especially when I was recently sent an email and asked to pay the remaining shipping for the rest of the cards and all.

No, you weren't.

The current set of shipping charges are for the two boxed games and card sleeves only. If you're not getting any of those things, you don't owe any shipping right now.

There will be another round of shipping charges for the remaining cards, stretch goals and add-ons closer to when those are ready to ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I was. I paid shipping for the first round, then it asked me for another 3 dollars and listed the remaining cards to be sent for the quest expansions and other upgrade items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then you may need to contact MCG, something is not right in the PM. Shipping at the moment should only be for the two boxed expansions and sleeves. Nothing else is shipping in wave 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have contacted, waiting on a response. Like I said though, we like Myth but I just find all these delayed "waves" for something as simple as cards a bit counter productive for them. Why didnt they just print all the original cards, expansions included, together? Why (as it appears now, at least) would it be a year after getting the first batch, if they are shooting for November for wave 3? All the extra freight and shipping would seem to be wasted funds. Nikki has been really nice and helpful in the past, but seems like they are still understaffed and overwhelmed/disorganized as a whole (not saying Nikki is, talking the company in general).

It is this kind of thing that stopped me from buying anything else from Megacon, except for the updated components (and if I am lucky, maybe the extra box one day). My daughter originally wanted Journeyman, but she is getting how long the wait is for kickstarter stuff and now doesn't really care. My daughter doesn't want to play again until she can use everything we have from the first campaign. We also both hope this is the last time they make major changes to the cards/game. I can't fault her for that, the Captain's pledge gave more variety and replayability. The quest and item expansions greatly added to that as well. We get only the summer, generally, to engage in games like this and she loved to make up her own stories using everything we had. I have already replaced the base game updated cards and asked if she wanted to try, but she said wait for the rest. Now I may have to tell her we'll be lucky to see them by Christmas...Over a year from the original estimated delivery date, just for cards primarily). Anyway, sorry for the long rant/explanation. Just sucks even worse to see something that could have had so much potential still struggle like this. My daughter and I defended Myth in the beginning, but anyone would have to admit these issues aren't good for the game/company. If Journeyman backers run into big issues with quests/cards/etc, it is just going to turn more people off to the game except the absolute die-hard fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They had to update the cards. I am assuming they only did the original so they could get that out early while they finish updating all the expansion content. Personally I'd rather everything be easily understood than rushed out.

It's unfortunate you won't play the game this summer with what you have. The only thing we still need besides the expansion hero cards, which you don't have to use, are the updated enemy cards for the 1st KS and to be honest those aren't that awful as they are now.

Best of luck and I hope you eventually get the game you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit, I'm equally baffled by not doing all the cards at the same time, it does make the experience a bit disjointed.

I would second the view that the game is very much in a playable - and not just playable, but fun to play - state with the material that's available at the moment. But I can see not wanting to play until it's all there, rather than hit a quest chain you can't finish, or a clash between the rules on a 1.0 monster and a 2.0 hero, for example. (I don't know that there are any, just coming up with possible examples).

Either way, hope you do manage to get some fun out of the game and it doesn't gather dust for ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tim-pelican wrote:
I must admit, I'm equally baffled by not doing all the cards at the same time, it does make the experience a bit disjointed.

I would second the view that the game is very much in a playable - and not just playable, but fun to play - state with the material that's available at the moment. But I can see not wanting to play until it's all there, rather than hit a quest chain you can't finish, or a clash between the rules on a 1.0 monster and a 2.0 hero, for example. (I don't know that there are any, just coming up with possible examples).

Either way, hope you do manage to get some fun out of the game and it doesn't gather dust for ever.

I'd have to go through the chains but I thought they made the 2.0 quest that they sent us include the starting quest chains to their end.

On a side note I understood why the expansion stuff wasn't done in December I am just more curious why the monster pack and expansions are not ready to go out with this wave. But since I have no inner knowledge to their business workings I can only assume there is a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, by expansion cards I meant the monster packs and quest/item expansions (not any journeyman content). The quest packs and monsters in particular. I assume they arent updating the ks exclusive scenario book, as I haven't hear anything much on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
I have contacted, waiting on a response.

It appears to me, based on recent commentary from Megacon on their forums, that Nikki is solely responsible for emails and the burden of answering, reacting, and addressing concerns. She alone appears to be handling customer support. This single threaded approach to customer support, considering the volume of traffic that exists, really adds to the turnaround time.

FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
Like I said though, we like Myth but I just find all these delayed "waves" for something as simple as cards a bit counter productive for them. Why didnt they just print all the original cards, expansions included, together? Why (as it appears now, at least) would it be a year after getting the first batch, if they are shooting for November for wave 3? All the extra freight and shipping would seem to be wasted funds.

Well aren’t we (the backers) paying for shipping? That offsets the final leg of distribution anyways. I do agree with you on the time they’re taking to deliver these cards (2.0 content, not JM). I’m sure they have an excellent reason for not including these cards in wave2 – while we can use the cards we already have without too much issue, it just feels to me like there’s a lack of focus on getting 2.0 finalized.

FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
Nikki has been really nice and helpful in the past, but seems like they are still understaffed and overwhelmed/disorganized as a whole (not saying Nikki is, talking the company in general).

Nikki is awesome. She cares about the community and how we, as a customer base, are treated. I know this based on direct conversations I’ve had with her over the years. She is our advocate within the company. Are they, as an organization, overwhelmed and disorganized? Absolutely. But this is a self-inflicted wound and unless they adapt and possibly make organizational changes, are destined to continue on this path. As a backer/customer, I will factor this into my decisions on if I back future projects (as it pointed out in your post).

FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
Anyway, sorry for the long rant/explanation. Just sucks even worse to see something that could have had so much potential still struggle like this.

No apologies needed, at least not from my perspective – it’s how you feel. I understand – there was a ton of potential for Myth, there probably still is. I hope Journeyman rekindles my passion for the game. Fortunately, there’s still a pretty rich community here on BGG to keep things moving in the absence of any fresh content/news from Megacon.

Speaking of fresh content, what ever happened to the Myth quarterly patch process where new content was added along with any fixes? Are those still happening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree that potentially shipping the Journeyman base boxes before finishing the updates to the base 2.0 materials is an interesting decision.

I understand that perhaps manufacturing and printing schedules are involved, but I'm also guessing (hoping) testing, balancing and editing are playing into it as well.

Of late, I'm imagining Megacon Games as a person spinning half a dozen plates on those thin, wobbly sticks. As the plates slow down and the wobbling increases, they're racing up and down the line at random points giving attention where it's needed but never really focusing on any one for an extended period of time.

I have to believe it's exhausting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermindy you just reminded me that was someone was planning something similar to the PACG society. Anyone remember this or what ended up happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
Mistermindy you just reminded me that was someone was planning something similar to the PACG society. Anyone remember this or what ended up happening.

That's that (PACG society)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game society. It allows people to play set missions and keep track of progression so that they can bring and play their characters together at conventions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game society. It allows people to play set missions and keep track of progression so that they can bring and play their characters together at conventions.

Okay - thanks.

There was an initiative to do this with Myth? Was the a Megacon sponsored thing like the quarterly patch idea? First I've heard of this .... unless folks can jar my memory. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Having zero information to back this up, my guess would be that the base cards all fit into a clean multiple of priniting, while the additional expansion content did not. Cards ar typically printed on a BIG page and cut out after. If you go over a little on page capacity, you end up paying a lot for a few cards which can drastically increase overall costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Felts
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:

I remember this but can't remember which website it was discussed on...I offered to help if it ever went anywhere...but I guess it never did.

It was on some other Myth forum (not here or on MCG's forums)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tfelts wrote:
It was on some other Myth forum (not here or on MCG's forums)...

Was it Lands of Myth?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
Having zero information to back this up, my guess would be that the base cards all fit into a clean multiple of priniting, while the additional expansion content did not. Cards ar typically printed on a BIG page and cut out after. If you go over a little on page capacity, you end up paying a lot for a few cards which can drastically increase overall costs.

I personally don't think that is the reason, because after Journeyman it would be all that is left, other than stretch goal related cards. They have to be printed either way, separate from base game or expansion boxes.

(EDIT: I guess they also have the modules, but no idea what cards they entail and it wouldn't surprise me if they became a wave 4 or something at this point)

I would believe the "needs more polish/work" and therefore weren't ready, but I then have a problem with pushing new Myth content (and a spinoff game coming) before you finish what you started, which is a few years out now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is a lot more hope and promise going into 2.0 than is warranted. I don't feel the changes have really had much effect -- mainly placebo in fact. Most changes are just clarifying in nature, not actually changes. There were some quest cards that didn't make much sense and a few inconsistencies with keywords etc. But I never thought the game was anywhere near unplayable, it definitely required a BGG post here or there, or an intuitive decision.

I just hope that expectations are kept in check. If players want everything tightly scripted, then a system based in AI probably won't meet their needs, why not try Descent. The modules may work, but it's a substantial investment in a system that you are not very fond of. The core of the game is the combat mechanism, and the free-questing system. Other games handle the other elements fairly well.

Everyone with a base box should be playing the two free modules --even if you only have a the crawler darkness cards. If you're not having fun with these, then new cards won't change enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.