Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I know inferno isn't out but if you had to choose which would it be if you were just getting into the game? Lets say you could get all the exclusives for either one so that doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since probably no one here played Inferno, that would be a difficult question to answer.

But it does seem to have much more content with the dragons and pets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flaviorbs wrote:
Since probably no one here played Inferno, that would be a difficult question to answer.

But it does seem to have much more content with the dragons and pets.

The dragons and pets can be used with the base game too.

The big thing to consider here is if you buy the base game, you can get it and play now. If you get Inferno, you have to wait until at least October to get it and play.

If you get Inferno now, you might still have a chance at getting the "Hell of a Deal" (possibly) that comes with a bunch of extra characters that you cant get any other way. Where as you can pick up the base game any time.

It's really up to you. There is slightly more to Inferno due to the Damnation abilities, the angels, and brimstone markers. The base game is fun enough on its own though too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not a complex game, but it is a good idead to play the game the way it was envisioned - that means the base game, with the base heroes and cards. That way, it is a much more balanced experience. Build up from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can get either pledge with whatever add ons I want. Are the dragons worth it? What about the pets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was able to play both Inferno and Pets at the CMON Expo in May.

Inferno has brimstone cards which I'm told are like the cards from the Beyond the Grave expansion. They add a nice unexpected screw everyone else element to each game that can really add flavor to the game. But everything else is quite similar to the base game.

Pets is like walking around with a superpower. But since every team has one, it balances and adds more strategy to the game. If you are playing with kids they may not pick up on all that you can do with them, but with adults it's pretty great.

So I would say get Inferno with Pets since that will give you the most options for different types of play. Then pick up the base game on eBay later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pets and dragons are not specific to inferno, you can add them to both.

thebig difference between inferno and base game is the addition of the angels and the brimstone cards. its difficult to say how it will turn out but given that inferno is newer, it might have a little more flavor.

also, i think inferno includes rules on how you can switch monster types, replacing some monsters with others, specifically like for the demon captains that are extra in the inferno kickstarter. it might add great variability to the base game/beyond the grave campaigns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
As you said, Inferno isn't out so we have no idea what's it like.

Most likely, the Inferno campaign will be a bit better since it's newer and they probably added\fixed stuff from the original (just like BTG did).
But that's a guess really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:

Most likely, the Inferno campaign will be a bit better since it's newer and they probably added\fixed stuff from the original (just like BTG did).

Do people not know how to speculate anymore? it's not a movie, it's a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

Speculation is fine, but you are crossing the line of rudeness when you're acting like these forums are for you to require others to do your speculation for you. This is the third thread I've seen where you get mad at others for not being able to tell you if a game that's not released is good or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

Speculation is fine, but you are crossing the line of rudeness when you're acting like these forums are for you to require others to do your speculation for you. This is the third thread I've seen where you get mad at others for not being able to tell you if a game that's not released is good or not.

I'm not mad, just saying.. For those that have played the base game they should be able to have an idea if they had to start over what they would do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daviddoughty83 wrote:
So I was able to play both Inferno and Pets at the CMON Expo in May.

Inferno has brimstone cards which I'm told are like the cards from the Beyond the Grave expansion. They add a nice unexpected screw everyone else element to each game that can really add flavor to the game. But everything else is quite similar to the base game.

Pets is like walking around with a superpower. But since every team has one, it balances and adds more strategy to the game. If you are playing with kids they may not pick up on all that you can do with them, but with adults it's pretty great.

So I would say get Inferno with Pets since that will give you the most options for different types of play. Then pick up the base game on eBay later.

Thanks for the reply. The pets do look fun. I ended up getting them and the dragon bundle since they had exclusives. Hopefully we like the game. Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I had a similar question after making a late pledge for AQ:Inferno...

I wondered whether to a) simply wait until AQ:I arrived / comes out, or b) get AQ [retail] to get into the flow of things whilst awaiting AQ:I.

I went for option B even tho it cost ~£67 over this side of the pond (on amazon - i was a bit silly as i probably could have gotten it a bit cheaper but the impulse buy urges were too strong for me to "shop around" hehe).

I have zero regrets, even though we've only played it a couple of times so far. Honestly, i was a bit hmmm was this a bad move when we were trying out one of the first two easy outer ring scenarios. Another weekend came along and me and one of my friends decided as we grasped the hang of things, we'd try starting to play through a whole campaign.

Played one of the easy ones, did the upgrade phase part of things, and then tried one of the medium ones on the outer ring and i loved that medium scenario. Itching to continue it tbh

Had to clear it up and not leave it set up in the game room as I'd ordered B-Sieged too which was on its way, so i figured [as we werent keeping score / titles for the time being], i'd just "save state" things after the second scenario was complete.

I did this very simply by:

- took a picture with my phone of each char board with the heros and gear as is
- then put all the contents of the cards/tokens/gold/etc into a ziplock bag per player

This means we can continue it on easily when we get a chance to carry on

[another thread is in my head so thought i'd write that out for the sake of it]

So for me personally, yes, AQ is worth a go - especially so if u can find it cheaply to get into it and also will help you get an rough idea of whether you'll enjoy and want Inferno

HTH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.