James A
msg tools
When you play the game, you choose to do a scenario, an adventure or a path. Let's say you do a scenerio. You finish it. You want to do another scenrio or jump to an adventure, or even the path. Do you restart your deck from scratch? What if you did the full path, finish it, and now just want to do an adventure? Do you reset your deck? Do you take out cards that don't belong with whatever adventure you play? In short, when you have to choose between the three, how important is it? When do you reset decks or have to switch things around?

Other question, the scenerio and adventure cards have rewards at the bottom. So adventure. Is the reward given once every scenerio listed is done? Or you get the reward every time one of the scenerios is completes? Same with the lath. Is the reward given after every time you finish an adventure? And if it's only given once, after the full path is conplete, then what's the point of the reward? You just beat the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Who2342 wrote:
When you play the game, you choose to do a scenario, an adventure or a path. Let's say you do a scenerio. You finish it. You want to do another scenrio or jump to an adventure, or even the path. Do you restart your deck from scratch? What if you did the full path, finish it, and now just want to do an adventure? Do you reset your deck? Do you take out cards that don't belong with whatever adventure you play? In short, when you have to choose between the three, how important is it? When do you reset decks or have to switch things around?

Other question, the scenerio and adventure cards have rewards at the bottom. So adventure. Is the reward given once every scenerio listed is done? Or you get the reward every time one of the scenerios is completes? Same with the lath. Is the reward given after every time you finish an adventure? And if it's only given once, after the full path is conplete, then what's the point of the reward? You just beat the game!

The path tells you what adventures to play and the adventures tell you the scenarios to play. So you pick a path and just follow the instructions with the adventure then go through the scenarios. It's all sequential - once you complete all the scenarios in a adventure you look at the path and it will tell you then next adventure... etc.. etc.. until you finish the path (game over). You keep the rewards all through that path until it is finished (and then you can start over).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't pick and chose to play whichever AP or scenario in isolation of the larger campaign. You will have serious balance issues if you do.
The PACG, modeled after the original Pathfinder RPG Adventure Paths, are designed to be played in sequential order taking adventurers from Level 1 to Level 20. (The Introduction adventure in each PACG can be played as a prequel to that box's AP, but it could be played by itself too.)

If you want to pick out any Scenario to play, it's not just refitting your adventurer's deck to match a particular scenario, but your character has to be the same level with equivalent skills and powers of that scenario too, otherwise your character will either be too powerful in lower level scenarios or seriously weak in higher level scenarios.

As for tweaking your deck after each scenario, you will acquire new equipment during the current scenario you are playing. Any cards you acquire including the loot reward at the end are yours to keep, but your starting deck is still restricted to the number cards and type of cards. So after the scenario to prepare for the next scenario, remove the less effective cards to make room for the more powerful equipment you acquired. The rules for this is on the "Between Games" section on page 19 of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rewards at the end might seem irrelevant at first, but there are a couple of fan-made 7th adventures for Rise of the Runelords. And you can also take your heroes that complete Skull and Shackles over to the Wrath of the Righteous, starting with the 4th deck. The power curve is that different. So, the developers left options open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James A
msg tools
My main reason for asking was because the rules sayto please first decide if you are going to play a scenerio, an adventure, or an adventure path. So I was thinking, ok, if I play a scenerio, then what? That's it? Start completely over and do something else? Like why would I not play the adventure path? Anything below a path seems pointless. And the rules suggest to start with the scenerio island hopping instead of the while adventure path or the initial adventure. But why? If I play the adventure, I will play island hopping anyway. (Not that I can play it at all because that card and a character card was left out of my damn box lol).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If any cards are missing, you could

(A) return it where you bought it. It goes back to Paizo, and the store gets reimbursed, so don't worry about hurting your FLGS.

or

(B) contact Paizo support at http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizo/customerService. They're really good. My S&S box was missing a blessing of Erastil, and they just sent it to me, no charge, no questions asked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who2342 wrote:
My main reason for asking was because the rules sayto please first decide if you are going to play a scenerio, an adventure, or an adventure path. So I was thinking, ok, if I play a scenerio, then what? That's it? Start completely over and do something else? Like why would I not play the adventure path? Anything below a path seems pointless. And the rules suggest to start with the scenerio island hopping instead of the while adventure path or the initial adventure. But why? If I play the adventure, I will play island hopping anyway. (Not that I can play it at all because that card and a character card was left out of my damn box lol).

If you are choosing to play scenarios in isolation - you are choosing not to have continuity of your characters.

No decks or feats should carry over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.