Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris O
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a pic from Origins of the ships due out in July. The Scimitar looks almost black to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, nice to see the 2nd Galaxy class is on the way.

The repainted Negh'var looks nice and the Scimitar looks the same which is fine since it actually looked alright before.

The 50th year stickers are cute.

Any word on them updating the starter now that they've "repainted" all 3 ships from it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very new to STAW. That federation ship looks a lot like the Enterprise included in the starter. Is it a different ship? Thanks for any answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
privateer4hire wrote:
I am very new to STAW. That federation ship looks a lot like the Enterprise included in the starter. Is it a different ship? Thanks for any answers.

It is the USS Venture I believe. The starter set comes with the USS Enterprise D. So the retail Galaxy class will have a different ship ability and new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anderson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
MaximumDT wrote:
Alright, nice to see the 2nd Galaxy class is on the way.

The repainted Negh'var looks nice and the Scimitar looks the same which is fine since it actually looked alright before.

The 50th year stickers are cute.

Any word on them updating the starter now that they've "repainted" all 3 ships from it?

They've not made a shiny D'deridex yet have they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4secloop wrote:
They've not made a shiny D'deridex yet have they?

They have made the transparent green D'deridex, but not released it retail yet - if that counts as a repaint?

That Neghvar half makes me think about buying a pack... The Scimitar looks the same...

Nice to see these - thanks for posting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
privateer4hire wrote:

It is the USS Venture I believe. The starter set comes with the USS Enterprise D. So the retail Galaxy class will have a different ship ability and new cards.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer1701d wrote:
pedro_ak wrote:

They have made the transparent green D'deridex, but not released it retail yet

Is this to represent the starship in cloaked status?

I know that a set of transparent starships were produced as an OP prize but were never released for retail sales. I would love to get some of these transparent minis.

The Cloaked ship pack was a Con only exclusive and have been given out as prizes at a hand full of events. What he is referring to is the green transparent D'Deridex that came in the blind booster for the Belak. It is the same green plastic used for the Talvath and the Vrax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer1701d wrote:
pedro_ak wrote:

I know that a set of transparent starships were produced as an OP prize but were never released for retail sales. I would love to get some of these transparent minis.

They have now done 2 transparent versions:

The cloaked D'dederidex - dark grey/sparkly material, special Gencon 2014 release
"IRW Belak" - Transparent green, which is one of the 2015-16 blind boosters

The cloaked D'dedeidex is just a unique model, the Belak a whole expansion.

Check out the ship Wiki for a list of everything:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/139771/star-trek-attack-...

Or the visual listing:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/staw:Ship_Listing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer1701d wrote:
pedro_ak wrote:

I have the GenCon Transparent (Grey) Starship pack, but I would love to see them reprint it for Retail. I think everyone would enjoy it and that it would sell well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
demonllama wrote:
gamer1701d wrote:
pedro_ak wrote:

I have the GenCon Transparent (Grey) Starship pack, but I would love to see them reprint it for Retail. I think everyone would enjoy it and that it would sell well.
I'd also be good with plain transparent with no color. I can always go in and partially paint it, and it would look really cool. Give me yet another excuse to learn to use the airbrush I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dracomax wrote:

I'd also be good with plain transparent with no color. I can always go in and partially paint it, and it would look really cool. Give me yet another excuse to learn to use the airbrush I have.

One of the Heroclix warbirds was made in clear plastic. You can still find them on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls