Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are sometimes games that you own that just seem to have a deep seated loathing for your existence, much less being forced to reside in the same household with you, and its clear they choose to vent that distaste as you play them.

What games do you own that clearly don't like you, and tell us about how that dislike is manifested by those games, and why you think they don't like you. (Clearly it is your fault, so fess up to the cause.)

Someone had to take it to the next level and complete the set to follow these threads.
Games you like but don't own and why. - the original
Games you own but don't like and why. - a reasonable sequel
Games you like but also own and why. - the Transformers 3 of threads
Games you neither like nor own and why. - Just when you thought the niche was filled

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None of them like me. That's why I keep them locked up in the dungeon.

Pete (has a subterranean game lair)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morels has it out for me. My wife is crafty but it's not like the game mechanisms are a mystery, I know how to play. It's just that the game is outright mean. NOTHING I attempt ever works, my sad little collection of mushrooms at the end is just a list categorizing my hubris. I've long given up extravagances like butter, I just choke down my pathetic scraps of Hen of the Woods like Les Stroud on Survivorman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
I'm holding out for a Euro 'til the end of the night
badge
Misumena vatia
mbmbmbmbmb

The weapons are all pointed at me when I open the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb
I can tell you games that hate me

Citadels
Revolution!
Dixit

I don't own them.

Revolution just pissed me off from the start. It wasn't about revolutions or a revolution and the 'paper rock scissors' thing just went against me.
Citadels is incredibly annoying. The fucking assassin follows me.
Dixit...I struggle to get any points on the board. I don't get other people's clues, no one gets mine. Everyone else is in sync : I get incredulous looks and sarcasm.

I purge aggressive games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United Kingdom
West London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anything with dice. I angered the dice gods many moons ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arthurcucumber wrote:
Anything with dice. I angered the dice gods many moons ago.

My first play of XCom last night was punctuated by "WTF? Are these dice defective, or from Arkham?" So yeah, based on first impressions, XCom hates me, as do a few other dice-heavy games.

Spoiler - humanity lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Province because I lost one of the mini meeples

The Ares Project because I keep pulling it off the shelf with every intent to learn it and then I go do something else
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery because I took a dump in the box after realizing it's probably the worst board game of the past decade. Can't sell it because of said dump but it would certainly be an age of discovery the next time the box is opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Falcon
CO
flag msg tools
Munchkin.

I won once. Like, a long time ago. But ever since, the game has decided that things like armor and weapons are for other people. I am allowed to reach level 9, but it is there that I must remain, forever, to wallow in my own pitiful nakedness.

The reason for my maltreatment is likely because, at various times in the past, I have (perhaps unfairly) maligned the unnecessarily drawn-out nature of the game, as well as its continuous insistence on forcing me to use math on the weekends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Fox
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mb
I have a love-hate relationship with Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island. I love Crusoe. It hates me, and won't let me win even once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.