Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: aprilfools [+] [View All]
Curtis Mason
United States
Heyburn
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkey Auto Races is a game designed by the World's Best: Wolfgang Kramer, Reiner Knizia, and Sid Sackson. Their only collaborative game! Published by Remco, the company that brought us Hot Potato!

Game contents:
4 Mini Head Sticks
4 Course Markers
4 Cars
These components are TOP Quality made from indestructable plastic. The head sticks are 1.215 feet long and are one-size-fits-all with multiple notches to allow adjustment. The course markers are made of the same material and stand 1.365 feet tall. The cars are perfectly aerodynamic and glide with greater ease than the the Zopp game pieces on a perfectly powdered board.

The game is played on the floor with the head sticks on pushing around the cars between the course markers. Strategy and timing are very important. You cannot let the car get too far ahead of you or others might try to knock it out of the way similar to the basketball game H-O-R-S-E.

The theme is deep and rich. This is how monkeys would do an auto race. Period.

The GOOD: The components are top quality, the movement system is the best I have ever seen, the depth of strategy is on level with Diplomacy but can be played in 5 minutes.

The BAD: That radical red striped shirt is not included.

I rate this game a solid 10.

By the way that is me on the cover with the red stripes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review! I'm curious for your opinion, do you think this game is 10 times greater than the greatest game ever played or 50 times greater?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I recently played this over at a friends house. Sure we were all in our thirties, but I never had so much fun. AWESOME
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't agree with this review more. As far as I'm concerned, MAR is the difinitive race game of all time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sifu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
phosrik wrote:
MAR is the difinitive race game of all time.

Race game!?!

In our household, MAR is the go-to abstract. It's not a heavy one, mind you, but still...

It replaced my Ingenious in my daughter's eyes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poochie D
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Hey dudes, I want to start a Monkey Auto Races league in my hometown. Does anyone have any advice or hints for convincing the local game store owners for starting the league? I'm going to use a point-based system, and whoever gets the most points at the end of the season wins a copy of Snifty Snakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
What other game makes you feel like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I went out and bought it today. I hope I like it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG Curtis, is that you. It's me Chad. I'm the one on the cover in trendy white and blue striped shirt. Man, it's been forever, I haven't seen you since the night of the "Monkey Auto Race incident" on your 16 birthday. What have you been doing since since then?

Chad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a sneak peak of the new box cover artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.