Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
54 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: So, it does sometimes happen even here. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A Member of Parliament (Jo Cox, Labour, Batley and Spen) is in a critical condition in hospital having been shot (and, it is not clear but, possibly also stabbed)
I'm sure our regular correspondent will keep us informed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36550304

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Shot? So sad. In which American city did this happen?
The one with one shooting this year.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Shot? So sad. In which American city did this happen?


Getting shot ~4 times less often in Britain than America doesn't mean never.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Shot? So sad. In which American city did this happen?


Getting shot ~4 times less often in Britain than America doesn't mean never.
Ahh but if we did not have gun control it means that we would have as few shootings as the USA.

I think that's his point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Shot? So sad. In which American city did this happen?


Getting shot ~4 times less often in Britain than America doesn't mean never.


No no no. They have gun laws there. It never happens.

Hopefully, they can get him home across the Atlantic in time for their superior medical system to save him.
LOL, try a bit harder to not look like a moron.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/birstall-shooting-mp-jo...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
Avatar
mbmb
Anybody seen any reasons given why she was shot? That BBC report isn't even clear if she was the intended target or collateral damagae. It merely says a man was wrestingly with the shooter when the gun went off?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Shot? So sad. In which American city did this happen?


Getting shot ~4 times less often in Britain than America doesn't mean never.


No no no. They have gun laws there. It never happens.

Hopefully, they can get him home across the Atlantic in time for their superior medical system to save him.


Indeed, America does have a much better health system for those with resources.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
Anybody seen any reasons given why she was shot? That BBC report isn't even clear if she was the intended target or collateral damagae. It merely says a man was wrestingly with the shooter when the gun went off?
According to some reports "Britain first" was shouted by the attacker.

But lets get the facts right, she is a bloke, Koldie has defined it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Shot? So sad. In which American city did this happen?


Getting shot ~4 times less often in Britain than America doesn't mean never.


No no no. They have gun laws there. It never happens.

Hopefully, they can get him home across the Atlantic in time for their superior medical system to save him.
LOL, try a bit harder to not look like a moron.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/birstall-shooting-mp-jo...://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/birstall-shooting-mp-jo-cox-8207285


It does seem like he is putting a considerable effort in the opposite direction.

There are times when I think some posters here are agents of the "vast left wing conspriacy" whose sole purpose is to discredit Conservatives by making posts like this
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It must have happened in England. One person getting shot doesn't even make the news in the U.S..
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Shot? So sad. In which American city did this happen?


Getting shot ~4 times less often in Britain than America doesn't mean never.


No no no. They have gun laws there. It never happens.

Hopefully, they can get him home across the Atlantic in time for their superior medical system to save him.
LOL, try a bit harder to not look like a moron.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/birstall-shooting-mp-jo...://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/birstall-shooting-mp-jo-cox-8207285


It does seem like he is putting a considerable effort in the opposite direction.

There are times when I think some posters here are agents of the "vast left wing conspriacy" whose sole purpose is to discredit Conservatives by making posts like this
You might be right, I gave him too much credit in thinking he had a real point beyond "look at me I am an idiot".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some reports are pointing to an antique gun with an obsolete calibre - which are totally legal in the UK. However some people seem to be making their own ammo for them and using them which is not.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
Anybody seen any reasons given why she was shot? That BBC report isn't even clear if she was the intended target or collateral damagae. It merely says a man was wrestingly with the shooter when the gun went off?
According to some reports "Britain first" was shouted by the attacker.

But lets get the facts right, she is a bloke, Koldie has defined it.


Totally expecting the remain aimed false flag.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Shot? So sad. In which American city did this happen?


Getting shot ~4 times less often in Britain than America doesn't mean never.


No no no. They have gun laws there. It never happens.


They even have knife-control laws there.


So what? So does most of the US - both at state and often at city level too. The UK's laws are less restrictive than say Chicago, Cleveland, Boston and Philadelphia for example.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Shot? So sad. In which American city did this happen?


Getting shot ~4 times less often in Britain than America doesn't mean never.


No no no. They have gun laws there. It never happens.


They even have knife-control laws there.


Don't we have knife control laws in America? Something about switchblades and superpredators.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Shot? So sad. In which American city did this happen?


Getting shot ~4 times less often in Britain than America doesn't mean never.


No no no. They have gun laws there. It never happens.


They even have knife-control laws there.


Don't we have knife control laws in America? Something about switchblades and superpredators.


Also some places have length limits. Not just that but many places have laws about concealed carry often even for small folding knives. Even in Wisconsin (which is where Drew hails from according to his profile) there was a case where a 2.5" folding serrated knife was found to be a dangerous weapon for the purposes of carrying concealed weapons.

In the UK anyone can carry a folding pocket-knife (less than 3" long, and no locking mechanism) concealed or not - and tbh most of the time they live in pockets so are concealed. Obviously clubs and some pubs, schools, police stations, courts etc don't like knives of any sort.

Also you can carry any knife as long as you have good reason - for example you need them for work (tools of the trade), for cultural/religious purposes, fishing or camping etc. If you get caught you will need to present your good reason - first to the police, and if they don't believe you in court.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Gloss over the fact you've recently had very serious discussions about serious regulation, to include the possibility of making chefs register cooking knives.
Is this what you think you are talking about?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4581871.stm

Not quite as you have painted it, but then I don't suppose you even knew what you were talking about.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Gloss over the fact you've recently had very serious discussions about serious regulation, to include the possibility of making chefs register cooking knives.


You have a citation from a trustworthy source?

I mean it must have been very serious because I haven't heard a thing about it. I haven't even seen it mentioned on a serious knife forum where enthusiasts and cutlers post.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Gloss over the fact you've recently had very serious discussions about serious regulation, to include the possibility of making chefs register cooking knives.


You have a citation from a trustworthy source?

I mean it must have been very serious because I haven't heard a thing about it. I haven't even seen it mentioned on a serious knife forum where enthusiasts and cutlers post.


Damn.

That's nerdier than board games.

Bravo.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
andyl wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Gloss over the fact you've recently had very serious discussions about serious regulation, to include the possibility of making chefs register cooking knives.


You have a citation from a trustworthy source?

I mean it must have been very serious because I haven't heard a thing about it. I haven't even seen it mentioned on a serious knife forum where enthusiasts and cutlers post.


Damn.

That's nerdier than board games.

Bravo.
WWW.Sauceyjack.com
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It has now been announced that she has died.

The other victim - is apparently not in a life-threatening condition but is seriously hurt.

A suspect has been arrested - no one else is sought.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-3654...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
No no no. They have gun laws there. It never happens.


Koldfoot Debate Manual wrote:
If someone holds a reasonable position, exaggerate it to the point of absurdity. For example, if someone points out that the murder rate in developed countries with tight gun laws is much lower than in the US, don't waste time with difficult arguments about urbanization density or other factors -- just pretend that they've actually claimed that no one is ever ever shot there, and then refute that. This is called "Straw Man" which is from the Latin Stawus Manus, meaning, "Totally awesome."
24 
 Thumb up
0.31
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
So, Brexit terrorism?
Quite possibly, hard to say. After all his slogan could just as easily be about staying in.

At this time his motive is not known.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.