4 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Variants

Subject: Mission and action cards before unit setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as far as I know/understand the only known information before unit setup are the unit counts, which systems are loyal/subjugated and the Rebels have 1 objective card in their hand.

Great.

The 2 things that I feel could really affect your initial plan is if you got your 2 randomized mission and action cards before.

I haven't really tried it, my opponent has accidentally drawn the action cards before(so i did as well), but they were of the boring kind - we didn't reveal the immediate ones until after unit placement.

has anyone else?
any comments/ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
So as far as I know/understand the only known information before unit setup are the unit counts, which systems are loyal/subjugated and the Rebels have 1 objective card in their hand.

Correct. The Empire doesn't know which systems are loyal to the Rebels when he deploys his units. The Rebel (going second) would however know how the Empire has deployed his units.

jooice wrote:
Great.

The 2 things that I feel could really affect your initial plan is if you got your 2 randomized mission and action cards before.

I haven't really tried it, my opponent has accidentally drawn the action cards before(so i did as well), but they were of the boring kind - we didn't reveal the immediate ones until after unit placement.

has anyone else?
any comments/ideas?

It could possibly affect the way you place your units. However, since Fleet movement is rather slow, you also need to take the long-term view when deploying units. I rather doubt that knowing the two starting missions before deploying would severely change my unit setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
marcelvdpol wrote:
jooice wrote:

Correct. The Empire doesn't know which systems are loyal to the Rebels when he deploys his units. The Rebel (going second) would however know how the Empire has deployed his units.

That's not correct. The 5 Empire planets (Loyal and Subjugated) and 3 Rebel loyal planets are chosen before any units are placed.

Determining Imperial and Rebel systems is done in Step 8.I. Then Imperials place their units in 8.II, and Rebels place their units in 8.III.

The Empire won't know where the Rebel units are when placing their own initial units, but they will know which systems are Rebel loyal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcelvdpol wrote:
jooice wrote:

jooice wrote:
Great.

has anyone else?
any comments/ideas?

It could possibly affect the way you place your units. However, since Fleet movement is rather slow, you also need to take the long-term view when deploying units. I rather doubt that knowing the two starting missions before deploying would severely change my unit setup.

I mean if the Empire get the mission that lets them take 2 loyalty in a system then they can take Mon Calamari or Utapau that way and plan accordingly.

If the Rebels get missions that will help them take Curoscant then that could affect where they place their starting fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.