The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Cram it all into a box! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else looking at the pictures of the production mini's and thinking....where the frak are all these boxes going to go!?!?!

I hope someone manages to sort a storage solution where we get everything into a couple of boxes, just got my Z:BP pledge and didn't even get any add ons but its going to be an age until I can make/design a insert to fit it all into 3 boxes.

Such a ball ache!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rnickster86 wrote:
Anyone else looking at the pictures of the production mini's and thinking....where the frak are all these boxes going to go!?!?!

I hope someone manages to sort a storage solution where we get everything into a couple of boxes, just got my Z:BP pledge and didn't even get any add ons but its going to be an age until I can make/design a insert to fit it all into 3 boxes.

Such a ball ache!

Normally I chunk boxes, but I -do- like the art on these. And if I ever paint the minis (big if), those inserts would be nice to keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what I ordered will fit in the box after all the extraneous plastic and cardboard is thrown out. I won't be painting the minis which helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
I dont paint them, so I am close to bag every mini and put them on the box. I don't play blood rage as often as I would like because the trouble that is carrying around every single SG and storing them after play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, once the stretch goals passed 3 additional sins, I kind of gave up on the idea of possibly fitting them all in one box. If you don't paint them, and have no concern about breakage, you could possibly dump everything loose into one box... maybe.

I do plan to paint mine if I really enjoy the game, I wish one of the stretch goals was a secondary box for holding all of the sins together. I can't think of a good solution for this one. Even custom insert companies won't have anything to work with since there are no big, expansion boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...we do have the Omega box (I think) which looks like if you removed all the plastic you could get all the hero's in and hopefully you could get enough of the base game in to leave the main big box open for all the sins bits. Only time will tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think I need to buy one of those plastic tubs with wheels on to lug the game around with (Dark Souls will definitely need it!).

Ideally Broken Token would do their magic like they did with Blood Rage, but I just don't think the demand will be the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hausig
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the inserts ok for storing painted minis? I always assumed the tight fit would add wear.
Can't see a single box working, especially if the addons are factored in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elle Elle
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Yeah, I think I need to buy one of those plastic tubs with wheels on to lug the game around with (Dark Souls will definitely need it!).

Ideally Broken Token would do their magic like they did with Blood Rage, but I just don't think the demand will be the same.

Blood Rage had 9,825 backers. The others has 10,136 backers. I'm sure there's demand for it specially if they came out with a cool one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogazmoe wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

Blood Rage had 9,825 backers. The others has 10,136 backers. I'm sure there's demand for it specially if they came out with a cool one.

I'm pretty positive that far less people bought every paid expansion for The Others than bought the 5th player expansion for Blood Rage, leading to less demand for universal 100% solution. There's a lot more variance from The Others backers. .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elle Elle
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:

I'm pretty positive that far less people bought every paid expansion for The Others than bought the 5th player expansion for Blood Rage, leading to less demand for universal 100% solution. There's a lot more variance from The Others backers. .

fair call. Still would at least like to see a storage solution for the core box and the 7 sins. and if it includes at least one of the KS teams, that would be awesome. Although that box would likely be chuthulu wars big

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh absolutely, maybe split over 2 boxes, all the sins + acolytes in 1 box, then all the heroes in another, could possibly work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Broken Token did the Big Damn Crate for Firefly, which holds all the expansions and game mat in its own box. Maybe they will do something like that for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jackson
msg tools
I usually pitch my extra boxes and shove everything into the core and expansion, but I like the art on thes so much I'll probably be keeping them all. Which is a lot....but man, the art is too cool to toss. Also, it'll be nice to keep teams and Sins sepaerate. Just gonna be a pain to travel with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
Broken Token did the Big Damn Crate for Firefly, which holds all the expansions and game mat in its own box. Maybe they will do something like that for this game.

Would be nice, but Firefly is a hugely popular IP and boardgame. We don't know how popular the Others will be outside of the Kickstarter yet. Looks like they're demoing it at Origins, but don't think we'll really know if it's a hit until GenCon. Feel like everyone was already raving about Blood Rage by this point last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
Yeah, once the stretch goals passed 3 additional sins, I kind of gave up on the idea of possibly fitting them all in one box. If you don't paint them, and have no concern about breakage, you could possibly dump everything loose into one box... maybe.

Are you kidding me? Have you seen the way Eric Lang treats his minis? They're not going to break unless you want them to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elle Elle
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:
TyDeL wrote:

Are you kidding me? Have you seen the way Eric Lang treats his minis? They're not going to break unless you want them to.

Yeah, it was the sin avatar too, with tentacle arms. They say it even made someone bleed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting everything into as few boxes as possible has become a real bug bear of mine with KickStarters, space is a real concern.....especially when you have a SO! I'm working on a Zombicide insert which is taking a while to design and will undoubtedly do one for this game also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a temporary solution you could probably use shoe boxes and/or cigar boxes. As an added bonus, empty cigar boxes smell awesome!! I'm not huge on cigars, but man do I love stepping into a humidor when stores have a walk in humidor. There's a liquor store not far from where I live that has a walk in humidor. I won't even buy the cigars, I just really love to step inside and take a deep breath. Fresh tobacco and cedar is a phenomenal olfactory combination. I'm sure plenty of others will disagree, but to each their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:
TyDeL wrote:

Hah, that's true. I was thinking Cthulhu Wars mini's and not Blood Rage mini's for some reason. Cram away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Considering how many additional tiles there are for this game, you're going to probably need one of the core boxes just to hold the map tiles, especially if you got any extra stuff.

Since you can only use one sin per game, keeping them in their individual boxes is not necessarily a huge deal. It takes up lots of space, but you won't have to bring all of them out every time you want to play.

If you aren't painting, though, than put the minis in bags and pack them in there. As long as you leave enough room so they aren't smashed in, they'll be perfectly fine.

I'm hoping to fit all of the kickstarter stuff plus apocalypse box and 1-2 hero boxes in as little space as possible. Probably will use a hero box for the tiles, base game box for the bad guys, and one more box for the heroes. Apocalypse will probably need it's own box, I'm not sure how it fits in with the base game, but those figures are big enough, I don't think there will be a good way to combine them in.

Once it's time to paint everything, though, who knows how it's going to fit. I give everything a good varnish coat afterwards, so I'll probably combine each of the monster types together into their own small box, and then make something to keep the heroes/big figures each separate from each other. Considering the sins player doesn't have to constantly be pulling out new monsters every round like you do in zombicide, having a small box for each enemy group could be really handy, just pull out the few boxes that you want for the game and leave everything else tucked away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt K
msg tools
Just finished packing it all in. I needed the entire Core box just for the non-mini stuff. I put the Apocalypse and sins minis in the apocalypse box and the heroes and acolytes in one of the smaller team boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.