Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the slots on nthe character card set a limit?

If I have an armour slot filled and win a challenge to gain an armour do I have to discard 1. For example Lancelot wins the Glastonbury challenge but already has unbroken starting armour, do I nhave to discard the starting armour to keep the Armour La Lac.

If a slot cannot stack multiple inventory does this apply to broken inventory items , waiting repair or can you wait until you repair them to make the choice?

Even in the new manual there is no mention of the slots having a limit.

It is a shame the new second edition did not include the FAQ answers. Luckily I came across it while seeking an answer to this question and it clarified a few other rules for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the inventory slots are limited and cards have to be placed dependent on their type and so if the slot you need to use is already full then you need to discard the original card in order to take the new one.

As you have probably seen some cards do not take up slots though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belborough wrote:
Yes the inventory slots are limited and cards have to be placed dependent on their type and so if the slot you need to use is already full then you need to discard the original card in order to take the new one.

As you have probably seen some cards do not take up slots though.

Not seen any that dont take up slots.

I take it
"If a slot cannot stack multiple inventory does this apply to broken inventory items ?

and when waiting repair or can you wait until you repair them to make the choice?"
the answer is yes and No

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Not seen any that dont take up slots.

Most do take up slots but the odd one doesn't such as the Queens Favour Artifact and Llamrei Mount card amongst others.

Quote:
I take it
"If a slot cannot stack multiple inventory does this apply to broken inventory items ?

and when waiting repair or can you wait until you repair them to make the choice?"
the answer is yes and No

No the slot is still full even though the item is broken. I guess you could consider the number of slots as your carrying capacity and so even though you longsword is bent you still have to handle its weight preventing you from carrying another weapon for example.

Somethings break the normal rules, like the stuff that doesn't take up slots, including, for example, one of the Artifact shields that is actually a "Special" and not a "Shield" and so goes in one of the Special slots so you need to make sure you check what it says on the card and to make sure where they can go.

(FYI, I know this is in the FAQ already, but if you have the Special shield you can still have either a Starter or Armoury card that contains the word shield in its title/description in your normal Armour slot)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Murch
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Pete has given you the correct answer. Thanks for posting your question!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.