Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Franklin-Bihary
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recieved my copy out-of-the-blue yesterday, 30/3/2007. I'm drooling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Photos Paul, we need photos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Got my SK3! Looks great!

Haven't had a chance to read the rules yet but just at a glance there is a....

-Nice choice of terrain for the maps.

-Great variety in the scenarios. All over Europe, from 1941 - 1944.

-6-2-8s & 8-3-8s!!!!

-KV-2 scenario!! robot

-3 map scenario!! kiss

-4 Tiger Tank scenarios!!! surprise Too bad for the allies. soblue

-SK3 Shermanz laugh - If you are a Sherman fan you will not be disappointed!

I got a ftf session early next week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Are there any tank-only scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
b5mith wrote:
Are there any tank-only scenarios?

Yes. 2 Tigers and 4 Mk IVs vs. 10 T-34s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin-Bihary
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm drooling even more after your posts! I literally have checked the contents briefly looking at each map and counter sheet. I was hoping for a 3 map, and a pure tank scenario. Should be loads of fun.

I need to read me these new rules now!

MMP - I beg of you, make a fourth product that introduces and points out all the important, regular rules for the full game.

I have Beyond Valor 3rd ed., Paratrooper, and will be getting Valor of the Guards when it is finished. I can't wait to try the entire system. But I still need a bit more help to play the full game.

I'd love a small pack of scenarios using the SK maps and counters, and some kind of cross-referencing information/chart for important rules and concepts that have not been included in the Starter Kits, like Snipers and Concealment. This pack should also include a detailed Turn Summary card along the lines of some that have been shared here at BGG. This product could be something along the lines of an Action Pack, or a special printing of the Journal.

Feel free to use my idea. I want nothing but the final product, whatever it would be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven richard
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Paul, I'm pretty sure that's what the point of Paratrooper is...a sort of introish ASL 101 type thing. Which is why MMP dropped Paratrooper after the SK's started coming out. Luckily for us, Paratrooper is still reasonably cheap on the used market (although I think we both have it already) so I'm planning on playing it before I tackle Beyond Valour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
It would be nice to see some bridging scenarios between SK and full ASL. With full ASL the simplest ones are pretty much Gavin Take and Guards Counterattack. What would be really nice is a bunch of scenarios using only the SK map boards. No walls, no level 2+ hills or multistory buildings etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By a strange coinky-dink, I E-mailed MMP yesterday asking when we could expect SK#3 and they told me that it would be available for order in two weeks! I guess that's two weeks of sending out pre-orders (you lucky dawgs)!!!

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Turned up in my mailbox yesterday (in Australia).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine here in the mail today. Lasted all of thirty secondsd before the shrink was removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paulus22 wrote:

MMP - I beg of you, make a fourth product that introduces and points out all the important, regular rules for the full game.

Well, lucky for you all the hard stuff is over. Everything else is rather strait-forward or has been explained/FAQed at length. For example, there is a nice little divider that tells you all thing things about concealment. But I'll help you out.. here's the 90% of concealment rules (I'll ignore big guns and the vehicles for now):

1) At the end of melee, if you are out of LOS and in concealment terrain (they are red on the terrain chart), you get concealed automaticly.
2) If you are only out of LOS you can roll for it (each unit).
3) you lose concealment as soon as you do something where someone can see it, except for advancing into concealment terrain. You also lose it if you fail a PTC/MC.
4) all fire directed at a concealed target is area fire (half fp)
5) no, brokies (or any unit that is not in good order) can't conceal. They're too busy winning and wailing to care.

and now i find myself asking, how did this turn into an ASL lesson?
also, go to
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ASLHouston/files/RJ%27s%...

for a bunch of cheat sheets I made

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
So correct me if I'm wrong; SK3 has been released, it's out there in the hands of people who pre-ordered, but they aren't playing the darn thing!? This is an outrage! Where are the reviews and session reports?

Come on people you have your duty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.