Funforge» Forums » General

Subject: Funforge Satisfaction Poll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since more and more backers are finally starting to receive their pledges, I would like to first congratulate them for that and also finally getting this particular journey over with. I for one have not received my game and still am doubtful to see the end of it due to my sharp, angry words at the creator in my messages. They may or may not have decided to punish me for being honest by not sending my game at all. Looking at their past actions, I won't be surprised they would do exactly that.

So I'm creating this survey for the sole purpose of getting closure and some perspective on whether my dissatisfaction is in any way unreasonable. So I'm hoping some if not all good backers of Tokaido Collector's Edition would indulge me by taking this survey entirely NOT endorsed by Funforge.

Poll
What are your overall thoughts of FunForge after this Kickstarter?
I will not ever buy a FunForge product or support future FunForge projects, furthermore I will not recommend FunForge to my fellow board gamers.
I will not ever buy a FunForge product or support future FunForge projects.
I might buy a FunForge product but will not support future FunForge projects.
I'm overall happy with the project and might consider supporting future Funforge projects.
      102 answers
Poll created by melchior28

Edit: SkyZero below fairly pointed out that the polls are biased to my negative view of FunForge and he's absolutely right. I'd like to therefore add an option.

Poll
I'm satisfied with the outcome of the project and have no issues supporting Funforge in the future
Blank
      59 answers
Poll created by melchior28

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's the option of "I'm satisfied with the outcome of the project and have no issues supporting Funforge in the future". That's my vote.

How you feel about the Tokaido KS is evident in the options you provided in your poll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will add that! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Young
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think your dissatisfaction is unreasonable - just not sure I see the point of the poll. The Tokaido KS is a horse that I think has been beaten enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefferoni wrote:
I don't think your dissatisfaction is unreasonable - just not sure I see the point of the poll. The Tokaido KS is a horse that I think has been beaten enough.

I would agree if I had received my game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Young
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
melchior28 wrote:
Jefferoni wrote:

Yeah, I know. Really sorry to hear. Hope you get it sometime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my painted Samurai pledge in Feb? And the product is quite nice.

But I'd be lying if I didn't say the Kickstarter experience on this campaign has soured me on a game I otherwise really enjoy.

I hope all remaining backers get their games soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
I got my painted Samurai pledge in Feb? And the product is quite nice.

But I'd be lying if I didn't say the Kickstarter experience on this campaign has soured me on a game I otherwise really enjoy.

I hope all remaining backers get their games soon.

Wow. That's early. May I ask what state you're from and what backer number you are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was an early bird Samurai and was in the first shipment.

Indiana, US

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
I was an early bird Samurai and was in the first shipment.

Indiana, US

Cool. Lived in Bloomington for a while. If I get it I'm planning to auction it off myself. Can't stand the look of it anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Babanov
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
melchior28 wrote:
Jefferoni wrote:

Or my replacements for wrapped minis. This horse is not even dead yet, so the beating will continue devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

OP's need to be more careful about the questions they ask in a poll, especially if (as is usually the case) the poll is motivated by personal bias.

The default option "None of the above", usually lets you know if you got your options right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty satisfied with my CE, except for two damaged/torn hot spring cards (that I threw away) and a missing character tile.

I contacted Funforge to ask for replacements and if it was possible to add 1 or 2 blank character tiles to make my own. I included my complete address and phone number.

I got a response the next day it would be no problem and that she needed my full address and also phone number. she also wanted pictures of the ripped cards.

I wrote another message, explaining I had already given all that info in my first email and that I (stupidly) thrown the torn cards away, not expecting needing pictures as proof.

No response since. So hopefully replacements will just show up one day and I will be completely satisfied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very happy with the product I received, and I will enjoy the hell out of my at least 35 plays of it (I have to try every single traveller!). But the communication and the delays have made it an uneasy journey to get here.

I love the product and would probably buy Funforge products again if I think I will enjoy them. I would be very wary of KS them again, but it seems like, they would not go down that path again anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:

OP's need to be more careful about the questions they ask in a poll, especially if (as is usually the case) the poll is motivated by personal bias.

The default option "None of the above", usually lets you know if you got your options right.

I'm pretty sure that every one of is here decided to back the game because we had known the company to be an established one. I also went into KS knowing sometimes delays are inevitable. But if a company passive aggressively abuses backers and has lied countless times and refused to give straight answers to questions, it just shows that they do not appreciate backers once they have gotten the money. Is my bias really that unfounded? That's the reason for this poll.

There are 5000 backers. "None of the above" response would be just not to vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
melchior28 wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:

I'm pretty sure that every one of is here decided to back the game because we had known the company to be an established one. I also went into KS knowing sometimes delays are inevitable. But if a company passive aggressively abuses backers and has lied countless times and refused to give straight answers to questions, it just shows that they do not appreciate backers once they have gotten the money. Is my bias really that unfounded? That's the reason for this poll.

(MY BOLD). In that case, the non-voters are a potentially large sample of folk whose experiences don't match any of the options listed in the poll. Like me, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
melchior28 wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:

(MY BOLD). In that case, the non-voters are a potentially large sample of folk whose experiences don't match any of the options listed in the poll. Like me, for example.

Exactly. Unlike FunForge I'm not looking to silence honest feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
melchior28 wrote:

But, by not giving everyone an option to choose, aren't you indirectly doing exactly that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
melchior28 wrote:

But, by not giving everyone an option to choose, aren't you indirectly doing exactly that?

I suggest you read the post. There's an option where you can answer you're absolutely satisfied. And there's on that says blank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would check "I am overall happy with the product but wouldn't support another Funforge Kickstarter"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrabRabbit wrote:
I would check "I am overall happy with the product but wouldn't support another Funforge Kickstarter"

I guess there's a myriad of responses more than I could think up. Glad you're happy with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
I am pretty satisfied with my CE, except for two damaged/torn hot spring cards (that I threw away) and a missing character tile.

I contacted Funforge to ask for replacements and if it was possible to add 1 or 2 blank character tiles to make my own. I included my complete address and phone number.

I got a response the next day it would be no problem and that she needed my full address and also phone number. she also wanted pictures of the ripped cards.

I wrote another message, explaining I had already given all that info in my first email and that I (stupidly) thrown the torn cards away, not expecting needing pictures as proof.

No response since. So hopefully replacements will just show up one day and I will be completely satisfied.

Would be interested to see what happens next. I hope you get your replacement soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy today and just checked it out. It's beautiful and amazing. Well worth the wait. Though I didn't have any problems waiting in the first place. Having backed over 120 Kickstarters, I've found it best to forget about what I backed and be surprised when it shows up!

Oh, and just listened to the soundtrack. Wow, what an enchanting score and very well done! I'm very excited to have a good soundtrack to go with the game.

I know there's a lot of upset people but for me, this turned out great and got a quality game. So Fun Forge, if you are braving the forums, not everyone is angry at you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Hartono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I got my copy today and just checked it out. It's beautiful and amazing. Well worth the wait. Though I didn't have any problems waiting in the first place. Having backed over 120 Kickstarters, I've found it best to forget about what I backed and be surprised when it shows up!

Oh, and just listened to the soundtrack. Wow, what an enchanting score and very well done! I'm very excited to have a good soundtrack to go with the game.

I know there's a lot of upset people but for me, this turned out great and got a quality game. So Fun Forge, if you are braving the forums, not everyone is angry at you.

I'm glad you're happy with it. Still skeptical that I will not receive it and their communication is atrocious.

I wish I had your easygoing mentality with this KS. I usually do because other creators have been honest and no condescending towards backers. Not this one, or at least not to me.

Anyway, enjoy the undoubtedly great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mehrholz
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still haven't received my copy, and now they are selling off their remaining stock, so I guess I'm out $115 with no game to show for it angry

Guess which way I voted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.