BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Lightweight Solo Adventure Cardgame? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all. I'm kinda looking for a solo game to play. Was hoping for an adventure type of game with a smallish footprint and not too heavy. Just some cards to flip through maybe. Mage Knight and Pathfinder look cool but are too heavy for my aim here. I just want to chill out and not grind too hard. Was kinda looking at Side Questor Heros Journey Home but they seem currently unavailable.

Any thoughts on a light solo adventure game with a smallish footprint? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gah! Just saw this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1591124/solo-or-soloable-li...

I'll dig there, unless someone has something they think fits my question better. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Nicholson
United States
Gilmer
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I suggest Friday it's a card game with a small footprint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calcapone wrote:
I suggest Friday it's a card game with a small footprint

Yes! Forgot to mention that one. That really fits the description pretty well and I plan on grabbing a copy. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Sometimes I'm the shark; sometimes I'm the swimmer.
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Dungeon Crawler? Many say it takes some of the key play points from Mage Knight (card manipulation for combat) and builds a game around that, minus all the other stuff in MK which makes it so hard and time consuming to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adm1 wrote:
How about Dungeon Crawler? Many say it takes some of the key play points from Mage Knight (card manipulation for combat) and builds a game around that, minus all the other stuff in MK which makes it so hard and time consuming to play.

I'm not familiar with that one. Gonna go watch some videos, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Crawler looks a bit heavy for what I'm wanting. If I'm going that far, I'll just go Pathfinder CG.

I found and printed out Dungeon Delver today. It seems to fit the bill. Might be too light though. We'll see how it plays. (And honestly, the artwork doesn't really do it for me.)

I'm really surprised there aren't more simple light adventure card games out there. Seems like a hole in the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huw
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind PnP then take a look at

The Dungeon of D

I got my copy from Printerstudio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clarke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artorig,

Wondering if you've dropped by the 1 Player Guild yet? There are lots of ongoing discussions there about solo games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another PnP suggestions:

Barbarian Vince, 54 cards in total

Perhaps Barbarian Prince, paragraph based game with reworked art by Todd Sanders as one of the downloadable options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
livevyne wrote:
Artorig,

Wondering if you've dropped by the 1 Player Guild yet? There are lots of ongoing discussions there about solo games.

I have not! I'm fairly new to the forums, so I'm still finding my way around. That sounds promising though.

And thanks all, I'll check those out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Sometimes I'm the shark; sometimes I'm the swimmer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Artorig wrote:
Dungeon Crawler looks a bit heavy for what I'm wanting. If I'm going that far, I'll just go Pathfinder CG.

I found and printed out Dungeon Delver today. It seems to fit the bill. Might be too light though. We'll see how it plays. (And honestly, the artwork doesn't really do it for me.)

I'm really surprised there aren't more simple light adventure card games out there. Seems like a hole in the market.
I think you'll find that Dungeon Crawler and Pathfinder are quite different. DC is quick to set up and take down and once you learn it, can be a pretty fast play. Pathfinder is more involved in terms of set up and take down, IMO, while also being a lot simpler and less involving in terms of gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah? ok. I'll give it another look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might check out Four Against Darkness, it's a digital book, $8 and a pencil and paper adventure game. It's not an RPG, it's not a miniature's game, it looks pretty cool and unique, I've been meaning to try it out myself but haven't yet. It looks like it may suit you well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mkaup366 wrote:
You might check out Four Against Darkness, it's a digital book, $8 and a pencil and paper adventure game. It's not an RPG, it's not a miniature's game, it looks pretty cool and unique, I've been meaning to try it out myself but haven't yet. It looks like it may suit you well.

Huh. Yeah, I was thinking Cardgame adventure (and still would like to find the right one), but this looks really
Interesting. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gentry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artorig wrote:
Hey all. I'm kinda looking for a solo game to play. Was hoping for an adventure type of game with a smallish footprint and not too heavy. Just some cards to flip through maybe. Mage Knight and Pathfinder look cool but are too heavy for my aim here. I just want to chill out and not grind too hard. Was kinda looking at Side Questor Heros Journey Home but they seem currently unavailable.

Any thoughts on a light solo adventure game with a smallish footprint? Thanks!

Try https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/181521/warhammer-quest-a... . Not too heavy once you know what you are doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
You think that's air you're breathing?
badge
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant That We Should voyage far.
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends Untold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Challie Coppel
United States
Huntsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One Deck Dungeon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm ...

Can I interest you in some print and play games?
Schleichfahrt: Sneaking Behind Enemy Lines and Zombie Slayer are the ones I'd like to recommend ...

Kind regards,
Kai

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
Hmmm ...

Can I interest you in some print and play games?
Schleichfahrt: Sneaking Behind Enemy Lines and Zombie Slayer are the ones I'd like to recommend ...

Kind regards,
Kai

Always open to print and play, thanks! I even started a print and play group on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/printandplaygaming/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solod

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game is what you want. Such an elegant simple system with SO much replayability. It's amazing how much game and depth there is in approx 200 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.