Side Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Query - Dealing out new cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So at the start of the round, you deal a new card to each location that doesn't already have a Monster/Villager in it, "dealing over" the ones with Loot in.

One thing I wasn't quite sure on - do you just 'deal over' once? or if the first card you reveal is a Loot card, do you keep going until there is a Monster/Villager on top of every location?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Woods
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
So at the start of the round, you deal a new card to each location that doesn't already have a Monster/Villager in it, "dealing over" the ones with Loot in.

One thing I wasn't quite sure on - do you just 'deal over' once? or if the first card you reveal is a Loot card, do you keep going until there is a Monster/Villager on top of every location?

Just the one card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Just wanted to check.

The game seemed pretty easy (I was playing the introductory quest, which probably helped), and I wanted to make sure I wasn't giving myself an illegal let-off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Shields are offline.
mbmbmbmbmb
It absolutely gets harder. We just finished the first quest and felt like we'd dodged a flaming ugly death by inches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the "Easy" quest this weekend (as opposed to the "introductory")

one query that did come up - I know that characters have limits for spells and items, but what about weapons?

If I'm using a 1-handed weapon, which only needs a 3 to hit, and I pick up a 2-handed weapon which needs a 5 or 6 to hit, I'm probably not going to use it much, and I can't dual-wield.

Can I leave the 2-handed weapon in my back-pack, and use an action later to swap it with my 'active' weapon, when I need to whack a bigger monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Glass
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Weapons count as Items for inventory purposes.
You can use two 1-handed weapons at once (dual-wield).
You can put extra weapons in your inventory/backpack and swap them into use later, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marrkos wrote:
Weapons count as Items for inventory purposes.
You can use two 1-handed weapons at once (dual-wield).
You can put extra weapons in your inventory/backpack and swap them into use later, yes.

Thanks. That was how I'd played it, but I hadn't been 100% sure, as the weapons didn't have the little "item" symbol on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's best to post new questions in their own thread, so that people looking for answers to a specific question can find them more easily just by looking at the thread title.

Otherwise it ends up like CSW, and we wouldn't want that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.