Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve B
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
I know a 3 yr old who will be 4 in November. His name is Leo. This would be a pretty cool present. I have no idea what human beings of 3 years of age are capable of. Would they be able to play this game? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would be far better off getting the child Go Away Monster!, especially if they haven't played boardgames much. It's a super introduction to 3 year olds. The parents would enjoy it as well. Wait another year for Leo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annette L.
Germany
flag msg tools
We just bought this today and played it with our 5 year old daughter (she has just had her birthday, so she is around 1 year older than the boy would be on his 4th birthday).

I would give it a try. It's a coop game and even if he perhaps won't get the whole concept on his first few plays, there is so much to do in this game to keep him occupied: moving the lion, adjusting the clock, uncovering the tiles, laying out the path before the game starts etc. Moreover, kids simply are so much better at remembering things - the parents could task him with remembering a small section of the path and he could thereby help figuring out the next moves.

Leo is really a great game, I am sure it will win the Kinderspiel des Jahres award on Monday . So glad we bought it.

PS: Watch the Game Night episode with this game, it's hillarious. 5 grown-ups are only nearly able to beat the game, because it's so much harder with more people (that's my theory based on our - multiple - relatively easy wins each in round 2 today).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angua2105 wrote:
Watch the Game Night episode with this game, it's hillarious. 5 grown-ups are only nearly able to beat the game, because it's so much harder with more people (that's my theory based on our - multiple - relatively easy wins each in round 2 today).

True! We (2 adults) just finished playing 3 times.

1st try: all cards distributed. Leo reached the barber in the first try without any problems.

2nd try: 5 cards in hand each (refilling the hand after each card played). Leo reached the barber in the second attempt.

3rd try: Both players alternating between 2 seperate hands of five cards each. After the fifth day, the barber monkey was shot because a kid fell into his barber chair without Leo ever reaching him.

Great fun for adults too! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
You would be far better off getting the child Go Away Monster!, especially if they haven't played boardgames much. It's a super introduction to 3 year olds. The parents would enjoy it as well. Wait another year for Leo.

Oh my goodness can I also recommend Go Away Monster (even for 2 1/2 year old). I can't believe how much my daughter loves that game.
Bugs in the Kitchen and My very first games: Orchard by Habba is another winner.
Showed my 5 year old nephew Outfoxed! and he actually cheered when he was able to get 3 dice of a kind and it was an exciting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.